Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 15:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Finally done with GMAT 710 (Q 49, V 38)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Finally done with GMAT 710 (Q 49, V 38) [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 08:26
Hello Everyone

First thing first: Thank you! I have learnt a lot from these forums. Thanks everyone!

Finally I am done with GMAT. Not too good but I am happy with the score.
After dismal performance last time, I planned to rewrite, almost at a gap of a little above the allowed one month. In terms of preparation, there was nothing different in both my takes; the only thing that made the difference was that I could keep my cool this time.

Here are the resources that I used:
SC: Manhattan SC Guide; for me, this was weakest link.
CR: Powerscore CR Bible
RC: Nothing; all my preparation for RC was through the mock tests of Manhattan and GMATprep.
QA: Again nothing as such; all my preparation for QA was through the mock tests of Manhattan and GMATprep.

Things that I did differently and that I think made the difference this time:
1) I wrote each GMATprep test twice. And whatever question I go wrong, I searched on internet and made my own notes of all the key points. GMAT club forums and Manhattan forums are some of the best online resources. I am not allowed to post the link here but you can just search the GMAT Club forums to find out how to retake GMATprep tests with fresh set of questions.

2) I worked on keeping my cool. This can be achieved differently for different people. For me, the Sudarshan Kriya that I learnt in Art of Living workshop did the magic. Art of Living's youth workshop YES!+ teaches you some really amazingly practical techniques that are so simple but yet so profound.

Once again thanks to everyone on GMAT club. There are some amazing people around here. Keep going people.

Good luck!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Finally done with GMAT 710 (Q 49, V 38) [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 09:21
Congrats on achieving a great score and all the best for your application process :)

MBA Candidate 2015 | Georgetown University
McDonough School of Business

Intern
Intern
Affiliations: MBA Writer's Block
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GRE 1: 1350 Q730 V620
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Finally done with GMAT 710 (Q 49, V 38) [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 14:38
whatsinname wrote:
Hello Everyone

First thing first: Thank you! I have learnt a lot from these forums. Thanks everyone!

Finally I am done with GMAT. Not too good but I am happy with the score.
After dismal performance last time, I planned to rewrite, almost at a gap of a little above the allowed one month. In terms of preparation, there was nothing different in both my takes; the only thing that made the difference was that I could keep my cool this time.

Here are the resources that I used:
SC: Manhattan SC Guide; for me, this was weakest link.
CR: Powerscore CR Bible
RC: Nothing; all my preparation for RC was through the mock tests of Manhattan and GMATprep.
QA: Again nothing as such; all my preparation for QA was through the mock tests of Manhattan and GMATprep.

Things that I did differently and that I think made the difference this time:
1) I wrote each GMATprep test twice. And whatever question I go wrong, I searched on internet and made my own notes of all the key points. GMAT club forums and Manhattan forums are some of the best online resources. I am not allowed to post the link here but you can just search the GMAT Club forums to find out how to retake GMATprep tests with fresh set of questions.

2) I worked on keeping my cool. This can be achieved differently for different people. For me, the Sudarshan Kriya that I learnt in Art of Living workshop did the magic. Art of Living's youth workshop YES!+ teaches you some really amazingly practical techniques that are so simple but yet so profound.

Once again thanks to everyone on GMAT club. There are some amazing people around here. Keep going people.

Good luck!

Congrats on the GMAT, I remember the feeling. If you're looking for essay writing resources, feel free to check out a website I'm about to launch next week called MBA Writer's Block. It's a free online resource on writing effective essays for business school. I'm trying to spread the word on a few forums and I figured I'd start with students who are just finishing up with the GMATs. Once again, congrats!

Oscar Pedroso
Founder

<Removed>

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 46

Re: Finally done with GMAT 710 (Q 49, V 38) [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 17:36
Congrates for the great score and Best of luck for your apps.

I'm taking my GMAT in one week. Can you please split up your verbal score for me and let us know about the difficulty level for SC/CR/RC compare to GMATprep/MGMAT? Any other insight for Verbal will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you do TODAY is important because you're exchanging a day of your life for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 11-15-2011
GPA: 3.33
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 38

Re: Finally done with GMAT 710 (Q 49, V 38) [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 19:28
wow. amazing!!!! congrats
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern, Chicago Booth, Cornell
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Finally done with GMAT 710 (Q 49, V 38) [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 23:29
Congrats on a great score and thank you for sharing your experiences.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Finally done with GMAT 710 (Q 49, V 38) [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 09:06
Awesome job!
Re: Finally done with GMAT 710 (Q 49, V 38)   [#permalink] 15 Nov 2011, 09:06