Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 18:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, Emory, GeorgiaTech
WE 1: Product Engineering
WE 2: Logistics & Inventory
WE 3: Product Information & Pricing Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2010, 11:57
I was reviewing the check list from school and Financial aid_2010-2011 Fafsa due date information was actually due 3/1/2010. I'm confused because I got my acceptance letter after the due date.

Did you guys start your FAFSA application process already?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 17

Re: Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2010, 16:28
I'm pretty sure the final deadline isn't until April but for the record, you can add multiple schools and file before you get acceptance letters. Just make sure to find the correct school code. I added not only the schools that had accepted me, but also my waitlist schools.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 2

Re: Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2010, 18:19
The McCombs "priority" deadline is 3/31. Probably varies by school.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started? [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 05:52
hwiya320 wrote:
I was reviewing the check list from school and Financial aid_2010-2011 Fafsa due date information was actually due 3/1/2010. I'm confused because I got my acceptance letter after the due date.

Did you guys start your FAFSA application process already?

I filed my FAFSA in mid to late February. I think the earlier you do it, the faster the schools you get accepted to can process your information and tell you what your financial aid package is. The FAFSA takes a few days to be processed and then you can review it online, and then if there are errors you can resubmit it and then it takes a few more days to process. I made a few really dumb errors on mine, so I had to resubmit mine. And like anu just said, you can submit it for any schools, including ones you don't know the decision for yet, so I submitted it for all 4 schools I applied to.
Current Student
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 3439

GMAT Tests User
Re: Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started? [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 05:58
Also, each state has its own due date, which often lies before the decision date of some of the schools/universities within that state. Definitely check out the state-by-state deadlines on the website.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: 1.5 years in Banking/Capital Markets
WE 2: ~1 year in financial services/risk mgmt

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started? [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 11:43
I just started filling out the FAFSA (I know, I'm a bit late) and realized that they will be using my 2008 tax return information. Unfortunately I make a lot less now than I did in 2008 (switch in job function + economic climate). Is there anyway to account for that difference?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 2

Re: Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started? [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 11:57
I'm pretty sure I used my 2009 data...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Columbia, Haas, Tuck
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
WE 3: Consulting for Portfolio Company

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started? [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 12:18
Can anyone specifically tell me the FAFSA deadline for Columbia? I have not started. I am still waiting on my post-interview decision. Hopefully it hasn't passed already.
Re: Financial Aid Due Dates? Have you guys started?   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2010, 12:18