Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 05:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Financial aspect of MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Financial aspect of MBA [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2004, 01:18
Need some help:

Consider the following scenario.
A person gets an admit in a B-School, (The B-School is not offering any scholarship nor it is offering any Gauranteed loan).
Person who is going to attend the school, don't know any one in USA who can be a co-signer for the Loan from bank.
This person can only take with him the MAX 20K USD.
(assume that the total 2 year expenses for the B-School mentioned is around 90K to 100K)
What suggestion will you offer to this person regarding Financial aspect of his MBA. How can a person in this situation afford his MBA. (He needs to do the MBA, no other option !!!)
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2004, 11:33
http://www.citiassist.com

Should get you everything you need without a cosigner.

http://www.mbagameplan.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2004, 00:56
Thanks a ton for the link,

But the problem is the person in the context is not a US citizen and he has never worked in States (The link that you mentioned says, A person should be US citizen to be eligible for the loan)
(May be I didn't follow the link properly or may be I misread something, but appreciate if you can suggest something here.)

Thanks again.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2004, 14:49
mba wrote:

But the problem is the person in the context is not a US citizen and he has never worked in States (The link that you mentioned says, A person should be US citizen to be eligible for the loan)
(May be I didn't follow the link properly or may be I misread something, but appreciate if you can suggest something here.)

Thanks again.

If it is 100K that it is most probably top10 bschool. if so, you obviously can get loan as well as most top bschool provide this option beyond your financial opportunities. you can also call in local banks. few european banks have joint programms with euro-bschools. in this case, thou can't cover your living expenses.
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2004, 20:55
mba wrote:

Thanks again.

Not true. You don't have to be a US citizen to get these loans for many b-schools. https://studentloan.citibank.com/mbciti ... g=p=bindex

http://www.mbagameplan.com