Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 14:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Financing your MBA - International Students

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 29

Re: Financing your MBA - International Students [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 14:08
ace312 wrote:
Just keeping this thread active for a second year in a row, thanks first to the OP for bringing this topic up. I was curious to know if you guys had any info on how an international applicant's US credit history impacted securing student loans from the school's credit unions. My background is I am currently on H1B and I have lived in the US for a good 10 years. I have a good credit history. Does this impact the credit rate I might receive should I go for a US loan?

Also, I think this goes without saying that it is important to check if a school offers a loan without co-signer prior to applying. From what I heard last year, McCombs Austin does not offer student loans.

I am not an expert to this but from what I know, you cannot get the US loans because you are not a citizen/permanent resident. If I recall correctly, H1-B visa is not classified as permanent resident but you would know that better than me by now.

However, If you could find a co-signor, I think that you would get a better rate than an international student with the same co-signor, and that is so because of your credit-history. You should be able to easily find it out though, just try contacting any bank in the US that offers grad school loans.

Hope it helps
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 18

Re: Financing your MBA - International Students [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 00:45
Hi I am an Indian thinking about doing MBA in US . I have a few questions which are making me kind of tense . Can you please help me answer them .

What is the current scene for Indian Students studying in (M7 +Next 8) Business Schools in US?Are they able to get good jobs after MBA ?How much role does Visa sponsoring play in final FT Recruiting for Indians there who doesn't have work permit/green card ?Is the competition tough for foreign graduates (~around 40% of the class I guess ) as the firms may have limited quota for foreign students.
How are the job prospects for MBA graduates in the current market ?(for foriegn students especially )

I am planning on my MBA and I was shortlisting schools .I would like to know your honest opinion on this.Is it worth taking 100k + loan and apply to US MBA schools.I don't have that kind of money but I am willing to take risk if it really worth?
and approximately in How much time an average MBA graduate is able to repay that loan .
THANKS for your help answers in advance :)
Re: Financing your MBA - International Students   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2013, 00:45