Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Finished the first interview for INSEAD

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 0

Finished the first interview for INSEAD [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2006, 17:40
It was with an alum who works at a large corporation close to where I live. I'll probably write a more detailed blog entry latter on, but the gist of it is

1. Very friendly and cordial (right from e-mail communication to actual meeting)

2. Enthusiastic about what INSEAD did for him. He felt that the year spent was the best year of his life - very intense but rewarding.

3. We had a good conversation, mostly informal, including usual questions like "why MBA? why INSEAD" etc. I know quite precisely why and why INSEAD so I think my answers were reasonably clear. Some of my points resonated with him. He tone was also "when you are in INSEAD you will face this.. that ... etc.", the usage of "you in INSEAD" is a little more positive than a totally neutral tone.

4. He spoke quite a lot about his experience and the opportunities he got later on. It was good to listen to, and re-inforced my interest.

Finally, it's not all over until it's over. At least this was a good step forward.

Anyone else did their interview?

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2006, 23:21
Good stuff Necro, glad it went well!

I was at an INSEAD info session in Dubai last night and all the alums seemed to be equally enthusiastic about their experiences.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 00:47
Hey Necromonger,

Good to hear that your interview went well. I had my first interview yesterday as well. It went really well. Usual questions (why MBA, why INSEAD, etc) and some CV related questions. The guy was really friendly and ended the interview saying that he'll recommend me to the AdCom for admission since he sees my profile as a good fit for INSEAD... I was so happy! Second interview is scheduled for Wed next week.... fingers crossed!
How about you, when's your second interview going to be?
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 08:04
hosam - tell us a little more about the dubai meet - what were the general impressions/outlook?

tim - funny we're running almost in parallel. My next interview is next wednesday too!! My interviewer did not explicitly say anything like "I'll recommend you to the adcom" :) but I'm hoping he will. Let's see how things go next week...

timothycosulich wrote:
Hey Necromonger,

Good to hear that your interview went well. I had my first interview yesterday as well. It went really well. Usual questions (why MBA, why INSEAD, etc) and some CV related questions. The guy was really friendly and ended the interview saying that he'll recommend me to the AdCom for admission since he sees my profile as a good fit for INSEAD... I was so happy! Second interview is scheduled for Wed next week.... fingers crossed!
How about you, when's your second interview going to be?

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 23:04
Well, I had to leave early so I couldn't stay for the whole thing.

The event was sponsored by Booz Allen, so there was a hint of a conflict of interest as the speakers were pitching both INSEAD and Booz.

I spoke to a few alumni before the event started, really helpful, very candid, all work in consulting.

Most of the attendees were people who havent applied yet and were still considering their options, but the general impressions I thought were quite positive.
  [#permalink] 14 Dec 2006, 23:04