Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 20:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Finished with the GMAT (730 2nd attempt)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 5

Finished with the GMAT (730 2nd attempt) [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 10:33
My GMAT journey began in June of 2011 when I started studying after college and before I started work. I decided to take the Manhattan GMAT online course and studied on and off for ~2 months.

MGMAT 1: 680
MGMAT 2: 630
MGMAT 3: 700
GMAT Prep: 710
Actual GMAT: 690 (48/36)

I decided that although my score was "in the ballpark" for top schools, it would look bad if I applied to schools with my score well below the median and only 1 attempt (I am also in the competitive management consultant bucket). I decided to start studying for the GMAT again in April 2013 and used the Manhattan GMAT online course again.

MGMAT 1: 670 (damn, the test didn't get any easier)
MGMAT 2: 640

At this point I focused on doing focused sets of practice problems and becoming comfortable will all the different question types (especially in verbal). I decided I would take a month off of practice tests and continue to study theory and do practice problems ~4 days per week. I found the best payoff to be learning all the types of SC problems and taking fewer notes during RC passages.

GMAT Prep: 700
GMAT Prep: 720
Actual GMAT 730 (50/40)

I stopped studying ~3 days before the test as the first time around I found myself anxious and unable to sleep (I studied right up until the final evening).

I am excited to be finished with the test and shift my focus to applications.

Thanks to the GMAT Club Form so being such a great resource during my studies!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Finished with the GMAT (730 2nd attempt)   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2013, 10:33