Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 03:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First attempt - 670

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

First attempt - 670 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2004, 19:14
I joined this forum about a while ago, and browse a lot more than I post. But this forum has been extremely helpful with improving my math, and this section in particular had helped...Reading other people's experiences gave me a lot of confidence, so I hope my post helps..

I didn't break the 7** mark ( MAybe next time)...Score 670 Q(42), V(40)....

I studied for about two months and focused on quant 'cos I hadn't done any math in years...Used Kaplan and the OG...And of course this forum to supplement my math...Thanks to whoever wrote the combinations and probability tutorial on this site..They helped a bunch..

Like others have said, keeping your cool is crucial during the test... I saw 3 combinations and probability questions, and quite a number of roots, powers, and geometry questions...

By the time I got to Verbal, I felt like quitting the test :shock: ( not enough sleep the nite before)...Got 4 RC's, CR questions were easy, but got sidetracked by some SC questions.Unfortunately I can't compare the verbal to the OG or really to Kaplan.....since my math was poor when I started out I always just took the quant part of tests, and left out the verbal....I did the pp tests, and the verbal was comparable in difficulty to what I saw on the exam.....

I'd like to say a huge thanks to Praetorian, gayathri, Paul, and venksune for answering my questions in record time ( even tho' I know you must have wondered why I posted such easy questions)...You can say I'm not mathematically inclined... :-D

Anyway, thanks again, I really benefited a lot from this website, and I wish everyone good luck.

Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 675 [0], given: 781

Re: First attempt - 670 [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2004, 00:14
you are welcome Seyi. We owe the probability and combinations tutorial on the website to our members, gravedigger and stolyar.

I dont know if you want to take the test again, but i think you should try. your verbal score is great. I think if you spend some time on the math forum each day, you can really improve. Also, we have archives 13 Math Challenges available. Many members have told us that those are very helpful and i am sure they will be helpful to you too.

You are at Q42. The difficult part comes in when you are trying to go from a 47-48 to a 50-51. If you think you can do better, you should try. Also, if your strength is verbal, you should make all efforts to cross 40V.

hope this helps
Praetorian
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2004, 05:30
Seyi, thats a great score for only two months of preparation! Congratulations. :cool I am sure you are glad that it is over!
Good luck on your apps. :gl
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2004, 08:42
congrats on the great score. just 2 months of prep, thats a great score for that amount of prep; good luck with your appz, cheerz :gl
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2004, 08:44
Congratz seyi, 670 is still within the 80% range of top b-schools. All the best to you! :band

Best Regards,

Paul

[#permalink] 14 Dec 2004, 08:44