Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 03:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First attempt - 710

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 132 [1] , given: 269

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2012, 09:32
1
This post received
KUDOS
Archit143 wrote:
Thanks
I am also hoping for same and studying
Well i was planning since long to sign up for egmat SC and CR.... How is CR of egmat i will sign up
thanks a lot for advise


I only did SC, which was good. Not sure about CR
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 May 2012
Posts: 77
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 16

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2012, 12:33
1
This post received
KUDOS
Congratulations getgyan !!! Thanks for sharing your experience.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Posts: 124
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 30

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2012, 13:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
In my opinion, you got a great score. At this point, I would focus on applications. Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience with us.
_________________

Give Kudos if my post was helpful!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 124
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 19

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 08:01
Hi,
710 is a great score, i wish ill get the same score!
what was your verbal approach in general? and how did you tackle RC?
thanks,
Roy
_________________

If my answer helped, dont forget KUDOS! :)


IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 269

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 10:15
roygush wrote:
Hi,
710 is a great score, i wish ill get the same score!
what was your verbal approach in general? and how did you tackle RC?
thanks,
Roy


Hi Roy

Thanks a lot.

I dint get your question. What was my approach during exam or preparation? I have answered to the prep part in my earlier replies.

:-D
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 124
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 19

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 10:37
getgyan wrote:
roygush wrote:
Hi,
710 is a great score, i wish ill get the same score!
what was your verbal approach in general? and how did you tackle RC?
thanks,
Roy


Hi Roy

Thanks a lot.

I dint get your question. What was my approach during exam or preparation? I have answered to the prep part in my earlier replies.

:-D


Thank you for your answer.
What i meant was besides the OG12 materials, where do you suggest to practice from?
for example, I find the CR questions in OG12 not that hard. is it enough to practice CR from the OG or should I seek more practice?
thanks
_________________

If my answer helped, dont forget KUDOS! :)


IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 132 [1] , given: 269

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 10:52
1
This post received
KUDOS
roygush wrote:
Thank you for your answer.
What i meant was besides the OG12 materials, where do you suggest to practice from?
for example, I find the CR questions in OG12 not that hard. is it enough to practice CR from the OG or should I seek more practice?
thanks


For CR I would refer Powerscore CR.
SC - For practice you can have Aristotle SC

:-D
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 124
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 19

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 11:10
getgyan wrote:
roygush wrote:
Thank you for your answer.
What i meant was besides the OG12 materials, where do you suggest to practice from?
for example, I find the CR questions in OG12 not that hard. is it enough to practice CR from the OG or should I seek more practice?
thanks


For CR I would refer Powerscore CR.
SC - For practice you can have Aristotle SC

:-D


already went threw PowerScore CR, great book. i am now practicing lots of questions.
As for SC Grail, I will complete the 100 questions once im done with all the different strategies.

thanks again and good luck!
_________________

If my answer helped, dont forget KUDOS! :)


IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
User avatar
Status: Preparing for the another shot...!
Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 1425
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 129

Kudos [?]: 648 [0], given: 62

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 11:11
Expert's post
Hey getgyan.
As you mentioned Aristotle for SC, but I don't think that they have much for meaning oriented questions. No modifier issue has been explained, an issue which can resolve all the complexities of such questions in SC.
Also can you suggest how to improve RC.
My efficiency till date in medium difficulty passages in RC99 is just over 60%, taking around 7min per passages in some passages and around 12 min per passage in some passages.
Thanks in advance.
_________________

Prepositional Phrases Clarified|Elimination of BEING| Absolute Phrases Clarified
Rules For Posting
www.Univ-Scholarships.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 9
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 6

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 15:33
congratulations!! What is your opinion of egmat. I see that you and one other person (Pjolie) are recommending it. I need something for verbal. How do you think it compares to gmatpill.
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 269

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 18:11
Marcab wrote:
Hey getgyan.
As you mentioned Aristotle for SC, but I don't think that they have much for meaning oriented questions. No modifier issue has been explained, an issue which can resolve all the complexities of such questions in SC.
Also can you suggest how to improve RC.
My efficiency till date in medium difficulty passages in RC99 is just over 60%, taking around 7min per passages in some passages and around 12 min per passage in some passages.
Thanks in advance.


For modifiers and meaning based approach, you should refer EGMAT. Nothing is a better substitute for RC than good material reading. I never prepared for RC

:-D
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 269

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 18:13
mehtamanish wrote:
congratulations!! What is your opinion of egmat. I see that you and one other person (Pjolie) are recommending it. I need something for verbal. How do you think it compares to gmatpill.


EGMAT has been voted the best verbal course on GMAT forums. It is also the cheapest and guarantees a verbal score improvement of +4. What else do you need?

:-D
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 20:02
Marcab wrote:
Hey getgyan.
As you mentioned Aristotle for SC, but I don't think that they have much for meaning oriented questions. No modifier issue has been explained, an issue which can resolve all the complexities of such questions in SC.
Also can you suggest how to improve RC.
My efficiency till date in medium difficulty passages in RC99 is just over 60%, taking around 7min per passages in some passages and around 12 min per passage in some passages.
Thanks in advance.


Yes, SC Grail 2nd edition didn't deal with modifiers much but the 3rd edition(latest) deals with them indepth. I had pre-ordered the 3rd edition( although I had the 2nd edition )and I'm just in love with the book. Very comprehensive and structured. Absolutely In love with the book :) Much better than Manhattan SC also. Will probably post a review comparing Manhattan SC and Aristotle SC 3rd edition sometime. Let me get done with the GMAT first :)
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Final Countdown
Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 564
Location: India
GPA: 3.82
WE: Account Management (Retail Banking)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 75

Re: First attempt - 710 [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 03:52
Go for another shot , IF this was not the best one.

I think you should not extend your break too much-Take the test within 2 months,start teaching the forum members through your replies and new prep posts.

Good luck !!
_________________

" Make more efforts "
Press Kudos if you liked my post

Re: First attempt - 710   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2012, 03:52
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
first attempt on GMAT, 710 miaojunmaggie 8 16 Jan 2012, 10:23
710 (Q 50, V 35) First attempt bhagwaro 2 07 Aug 2007, 13:00
First attempt - 710 (Q-50, V-37). should i retake? ctzen 7 14 Jun 2007, 06:20
710 .. first attempt jsu1000 4 29 Apr 2007, 03:36
My first attempt - 710 (Q50 V36) enigma 7 20 Jun 2005, 17:40
Display posts from previous: Sort by

First attempt - 710

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 34 posts ] 

Moderators: TGC, m3equals333



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.