Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 22:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First Attempt ->640 , Second Attempt-> ??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

First Attempt ->640 , Second Attempt-> ?? [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 02:33
Hello Everyone ..
I have joined this club to get a little motivated for my second attempt at GMAT. My first attempt was in June 2011 where i scored 640. My biggest folly was that i gave up hope and did not prepare for a second time. This was mostly due to work pressure. Now i stand at a point in my career where giving the GMAT once again is the only way out for me.

I will start studying for the exam in a weeks time and i seek some advice as to how should i get started. Any help is deeply appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 46

Re: First Attempt ->640 , Second Attempt-> ?? [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 08:09
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton '15, CBS '15
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 10

Re: First Attempt ->640 , Second Attempt-> ?? [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 10:23
I would say take a CAT exam and see where you stand now. Possibly you are still at 640 but maybe not. I am sure you still have all your materials from 2011 so I would revisit them. What did you utilize?

Reward wisdom with kudos

Intern
Intern

Re: First Attempt ->640 , Second Attempt-> ?? [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 09:40
Hello Everyone ...

@Piyatiwari : Thanks for the thread you mentioned .. i went thru it and there are certainly a lot of things i wish i had done the first time around .. have taken a lot of notes from that post ..

@wallstreetbarbie : can i just break down the reply in 2 parts .. Firstly, i was thinking of giving a CAT exam too but don't know which one to give i.e. kaplan free test or any other .. since i had already taken quite a few of them earlier .. i think taking these tests again might give me a wrong picture .. but i guess i will give them anyway ..
Secondly, the material .. this might be an issue .. i had studied from the notes of a teacher who had covered all the points in a comprehensive way and i really felt confident about all the topics he covered. At the same time, this basically means that i did not study any of the Kaplan or the Manhattan books .. Now i am confused whether to go over the same material which makes sense or to study the books as they are ... i have to decide on this soon as i have to come up with a study plan in a weeks time ...

And lastly, thank you to both of you for replying on such short notice :)
Intern
Intern

Re: First Attempt ->640 , Second Attempt-> ?? [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 20:47
gave a free test on gmatclub .. M25
got only 26 correct with a lot of silly mistakes .. dats 64th %ile
a really bad performance...
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 297 [0], given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: First Attempt ->640 , Second Attempt-> ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 00:03
sperarevita wrote:
gave a free test on gmatclub .. M25
got only 26 correct with a lot of silly mistakes .. dats 64th %ile
a really bad performance...

It's been a long time that you gave ur last gmat prep so i would suggest you to give a gmatprep right away as gmatprep is the best gauge of ur current level.
Give a gmatprep, post the scores and then seek a advise.
BTW 26 correct out of 37 is not bad and that too without prep. Seems ur good in quant.
:)

Fire the final bullet only when you are constantly hitting the Bull's eye, till then KEEP PRACTICING.

A WAY TO INCREASE FROM QUANT 35-40 TO 47 : a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Q 47/48 To Q 50 + the-final-climb-quest-for-q-50-from-q47-129441.html#p1064367

Three good RC strategies three-different-strategies-for-attacking-rc-127287.html

Intern
Intern

Re: First Attempt ->640 , Second Attempt-> ?? [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2012, 02:13
@rajeevrks27 : i dont want to give a GMAT Prep right away as somehow i think i wont b able to make full use of it .. i think i will waste it if i take it now .. so i gave another test to gauge my performance .. GMAT diagnostic test available at GMAT Club itself .. my performance is as follows :

Total questions : 45
Total Time : 90 mins
Total Ques Attempted : 39
Correct : 24
Incorrect : 15
Not attempted : 6

Can someone please rate this performance .. as in how good or bad is it ?
And how to go about things from here ?

Thank You
Re: First Attempt ->640 , Second Attempt-> ??   [#permalink] 07 Apr 2012, 02:13