Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 07:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First GMAT 630, now I need a break

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

First GMAT 630, now I need a break [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2013, 11:21
Hi Guys,

I am a silent member of this fantastic forum for three months now and have followed expert's advises and many practice question diligently. I took my GMAT yesterday and scored 630 (V33. Q44). I was having very similar scores in my GMAT prep tests and hence I had an idea that I will perform very similarly in the actual test. Anyways, I am not discouraged at all and will definitely re-take the GMAT to improve my score as I have identified my weak areas in both verbal and math section. I need immense practice in RC in verbal and very good understanding in number properties and in inequalities in Quant. I felt that my accuracy in these listed areas went horribly south in stressful situations in actual GMAT and in GMAT prep exams during which I simply screwed up my timings, even though I understood all the concept of managing timing etc., however, I just could not execute it on G-Day.

Now comes the most challenging part. I am not planning to retake the GMAT this year for multiple reasons.
1. I have some other commitments for coming 6 months (I am working in biotech firm in US and have increasing pressure to complete several projects in this time) and also
2. I am totally saturated and can not take any more stuff in in my tired mind, I simply need a break

I want to re-take GMAT after I come back from India trip next year (getting married !!) and can schedule GMAT appointment for April 2014 end. My real challenge is how should I keep up with all the preparation I have done so far. I am sure if I do not brush up my practice intermittently then I will forget what I've self-studied in last 4 months.

If any of you guys are re-takers and had similar 8 months break in your preparation then I would like to have your invaluable advise. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,
PS
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
First GMAT 630, now I need a break   [#permalink] 02 Jul 2013, 11:21