Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 20:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First GMAT Prep 710

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

First GMAT Prep 710 [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2006, 08:27
I took the real gmat in NOvember and got 680, Q41V42 and 6.0 awa. Well I figured I would try again. I signed up for Jan 10. Took my first GMAT prep and did 710. I went to work on Sat. thought no one would be present. Wrong. Bunch of people there yapping, .They showed right after I started Quant. i had my fingers in my ears. I blew the first portion and got the last 16 right. Ended with a 40, but finished 20 minutes early! On the real one I ran out of time and guessed on last two. So even though my score was similar I think based on the test conditions that I did better, better timing etc. On the verbal it was pretty quiet as everyone went into the conference room. I scored a 47, two stupid mistakes on SC and another one or two on RC that I missed.

I am pretty encourage to take the real GMAT again. I have about 3 weeks to study and will take the other pratice test. I was stupid to not to take the test before my first appointment but am sort of glad to have them to practice now. I think a 720-740 is achievable now.

I've found the Kaplan 800 to be very helpful. Especially for the quant, with tricks and tips because I generally do not use formulas to solve, I just think them through in my head. My real weakspot is solving algebraic equations. I move too fast, skip steps and make mistakes. Anyone have an idea where to practice algebra?

Thanks - good luck to all.

Cheers
Eric
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
First GMAT Prep 710   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2006, 08:27