Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First post! Should I give myself more time to study?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

First post! Should I give myself more time to study? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 19:45
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here & I hope to get to know everyone soon. I'm currently a college senior and planning to take my GMAT in a couple months after school ends. I've read a few posts and was wondering if I booked my test too soon or should I give myself more time to study. I'd also want some opinions to see if I'm on the right track with my study plan. Any advice is appreciated!

I currently have the test booked for April 27, and I began studying today (Feb. 28). Being in my last semester, my courseload in school is light and I have budgeted 3hrs a day during the week and 6hrs a day on the weekend for studying. Then starting April 1st I finish school (yay!) and will have 6hrs a day everyday until the test date. So in total I have 2 months although I do budget more hours per day than some test takers... would that be enough? Esp. seeing that some posts recommend at least 3 months of study time?

As for my study plan, I've thus far picked up the 8 Manhattan guides and the official guide 12th edition. Based on my progress today (Day 1), I should be able to thoroughly complete all 8 MGMAT guides (including making notes, doing all questions) in a month. So that leaves all of April when I'm done school for cranking the official guide and other prepping materials. Am I on the right track thus far? What else should I pick up for self study?

Thanks so much in advance!

Josh
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other
Schools: University of Wisconsin (Madison) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 12

Re: First post! Should I give myself more time to study? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 19:55
Josh,

I'd recommend taking a practice test (GMATPrep is a good starting point) to see where you are relative to where you want to be. I scored a 580 on my first practice test and this benchmark plus the admissions deadline I was aiming to meet helped shape the amount of time before my first and second exams.
Re: First post! Should I give myself more time to study?   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2012, 19:55