Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 16:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First Time Taking Test WITH Essay and score went down...?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
First Time Taking Test WITH Essay and score went down...? [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 15:23
Hey guys...typically scoring V38/47Q but have been practicing without the essay. Today I took the test all the way through with the two essays for practice and got V33/44Q. I would imagine the essays are to blame for my lower score. Thoughts?
Current Student
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: First Time Taking Test WITH Essay and score went down...? [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 15:50
yeah I need to start doing the whole hog as well... am doing ok without them 680-740 range but I reckon I need to tire my brain out with the essays prior to my exam date in a week.

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 429 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: First Time Taking Test WITH Essay and score went down...? [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 16:43
Guys - ALWAYS do the full thing including essays. When you are simulating the exam, you should try and get exam like conditions. Which include the mental fatigue associated with an extra hour of essays. These things make a big difference on the final day. Good luck.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: First Time Taking Test WITH Essay and score went down...? [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 19:07
BSD, do you suppose I can somehow "recover" from not practicing with the essays. How long do you believe it would take getting used to that extra hour and recover my score in practice?
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 429 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: First Time Taking Test WITH Essay and score went down...? [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 19:12
To be honest I can't answer that, it would really depend from person to person. I'd say take at least 2-3 full tests (including essays) to get your body used to the rigour of full scale gmat. Also do NOT take full tests on consecutive days. Body requires time to recover.
Re: First Time Taking Test WITH Essay and score went down...?   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2008, 19:12