Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First year students -- what internships are you gunning for?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: First year students -- what internships are you gunning for? [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2008, 18:02
togafoot wrote:
ac8706 wrote:
just curious, what are the average salaries for the summer internships at IB and consulting firms?
cheers,
ac.

2 pints of lager, 3 pints of bitter, and half a stout with a packet of pork scratchings. :twisted:

Heh. Too be honest, I really don't see why this matters. The banks all pay the same, I know that for fact. The numbers? It's crass to talk about it, really.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: First year students -- what internships are you gunning for? [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2008, 19:17
Quote:
Too be honest, I really don't see why this matters. The banks all pay the same, I know that for fact.

figured there's no harm in asking :)
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: First year students -- what internships are you gunning for? [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2008, 16:17
First lesson at business school - never talk numbers!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: First year students -- what internships are you gunning for? [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2008, 20:25
ac8706 wrote:
Quote:
Too be honest, I really don't see why this matters. The banks all pay the same, I know that for fact.

figured there's no harm in asking :)

I think it's fine that you asked! Us, that is. Don't ask recruiters :) Of course, in my world, you're asking so you can better manage your spending plan, not because you'd go for an internship because it paid well!

Many schools will post this info - at least Duke does: http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/career/recrui ... report.pdf

Last year's interns made between $1300 and $12000 (domestic). Median salaries by industry range from about $4k to about $9500.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1512 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: First year students -- what internships are you gunning for? [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2008, 08:54
4 more interviews ...
Re: First year students -- what internships are you gunning for?   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2008, 08:54