Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Dec 2014, 19:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

flipping out! one day to study!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

flipping out! one day to study! [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 19:00
hi all, great forum and been reading extensively.

guys, i have the GMAT saturday afternoon and need a 450 to get in to the school i applied to.

i have taken the gamt previously and scored a 350 with no prep. i assumed it was not that difficult. this time around im in a pinch and need to take gmat right away to begin summer classes.

ive read some of the posts on here regarding prep material reviews. picked up kaplan gmat verbal/math workbook. felt i wanted to begin with a good base so i started with kaplan verbal/math foundations. breezed through all that and felt good. now ive hit a wall.

studying kaplan math workbook and its nothing like what i thought. basically, i need to score 450. figured if i could get 350 with no prep 450 would be possible. not sure and im flipping.

again, ive studied kaplan verbal/math foundations. now working kaplan math workback arithmetic and im just grinding.

my question here is.

what should i do at this point to reach the 450 i need. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

im thinking right now if i study arithmetic and algrebra basic, then jump to verbal workbook and get a good understanding on SC rules that i MIGHT be OKAY?!?!?!?!!?!?!

PLEASE. ANY WISE ADVICE IS APPRECIATED. Thank you.

how can i ensure the 450 at this point. ive looked at the percentiles and belive ive got to be capable of scoring 20th percentile with a 450. hell i was 350 with no study. but ive read so many different horror stories on here and now getting experience w actual questions and im very fearful.

thanks again for any help guys.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: flipping out! one day to study! [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 20:12
exam day is upon me. quick update.

to all those who have the pressure to score above 700 on the gmat. i say good luck. i would want no part of it.

i have reviewed two previous GMAT exams i have taken without prep. realized i did well in verbal. comparitively speaking t quantitiative, where as waas awful.. lol. bad. dont even wanna say but will note i can only go up. verbal i hit what i need. with the prep ive completed i should be good to go in verbal. kaplans theories on RC - topic, scope, purpose will benefit me.

with that said i feel good about the 450. i reviewed math workbook and foundations and should proceed well. if not i hammer math and im good.

given im practicing to become a cpa and have that exam next i have those battles to focus on going forward. the GMAT prep was beneficial in a variety of ways.

well best of luck to you all and this is a very pleasant site for those encountering the vaunted GMAT exam.

Best Wishes,

Rod
Re: flipping out! one day to study!   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2013, 20:12