Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 07:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two... [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2013, 07:01
aerien wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
aerien wrote:
Question for you all: why do employers/teammates give you new projects to lead when it's your last few weeks? Shouldn't this time be spent transitioning the projects you have already?

On my end, I'm mostly focusing on wrapping up what I have, and putting all of my knowledge down on paper for the next person. I am heading one new project, but that is mainly my own doing; I want to see some changes put in the works before I'm out of here.

Hah! I just want to transition but my to do list gets longer and longer...back to work I go...

I hear ya.

And oh god, I interviewed another person today for my position... what a mess, I don't think we have any other candidates in the pipeline, and this person... eeek, after going through the b-school interview process being on the other side of the table is an experience. I wish I were in your position aerien, I'm a bit too invested and care too much about my team. I'm starting to feel really bad about leaving.

This needs to end. Advice for next year's class, leave work in May... Aside from financial gains, nothing good can come from sticking it out until July.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two... [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2013, 07:40
Expert's post
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two... [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 10:04
Haha, I also seem to be getting more and more added on my to-do list even though I have 3 days left...

Yes, agreed about leaving earlier! I don't know for sure if I'd say May just for financial reasons, but definitely beginning-mid June. It seems like a lot of time when you first start planning, but it really isn't. I have one 12-day trip and a weekend trip planned for the summer, and that only leaves a couple weeks to relax, take these silly Yale modules/assessments, see friends and family, and pack up and move in to my new place. Oh, and apparently we're also supposed to be networking now since we won't have time in the fall? Argh!

Thank goodness for my friend's wedding, which encouraged me to push up my end date... Originally, I was thinking late mid-late July. Ha!
Current Student

Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two... [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 10:17
lb2015 wrote:
Haha, I also seem to be getting more and more added on my to-do list even though I have 3 days left...

Yes, agreed about leaving earlier! I don't know for sure if I'd say May just for financial reasons, but definitely beginning-mid June. It seems like a lot of time when you first start planning, but it really isn't. I have one 12-day trip and a weekend trip planned for the summer, and that only leaves a couple weeks to relax, take these silly Yale modules/assessments, see friends and family, and pack up and move in to my new place. Oh, and apparently we're also supposed to be networking now since we won't have time in the fall? Argh!

Thank goodness for my friend's wedding, which encouraged me to push up my end date... Originally, I was thinking late mid-late July. Ha!

When do you guys have to be in New Haven? Our orientation start 8/4, so everyone will be moved in by 8/1 (woot, 3 days to paaaaarty unpaaack). I leave work 7/11, going away for a long weekend 7/12-7/15, and then just 2.5 weeks to relax, pack up, and move (and be in a wedding... weddings are the worst)

I would have loved a full month off...
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two... [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 10:43
highwyre237 wrote:
When do you guys have to be in New Haven? Our orientation start 8/4, so everyone will be moved in by 8/1 (woot, 3 days to paaaaarty unpaaack). I leave work 7/11, going away for a long weekend 7/12-7/15, and then just 2.5 weeks to relax, pack up, and move (and be in a wedding... weddings are the worst)

Ours is 8/7, so I'm moving in 8/3. A month should be okay, it just seems like a lot to squeeze in! Nevermind the small nightmare that has been student loan applications and health forms these past few weeks. To Yale's credit, I kind of disregarded the checklist for a bit once I submitted my deposit and got my email address...
Current Student

Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two... [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 11:10
lb2015 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Ours is 8/7, so I'm moving in 8/3. A month should be okay, it just seems like a lot to squeeze in! Nevermind the small nightmare that has been student loan applications and health forms these past few weeks. To Yale's credit, I kind of disregarded the checklist for a bit once I submitted my deposit and got my email address...

Oh same here, dont worry. My loans finally went through though, thats all set (Sallie Mae bleh), but health forms... yup totally different story.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two... [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 05:17
highwyre237 wrote:
Oh same here, dont worry. My loans finally went through though, thats all set (Sallie Mae bleh), but health forms... yup totally different story.

Lucky you, I still haven't received an official award guide so I haven't wanted to start the loan process. I know my scholarship percentages and everything but I want to have firm amounts before I start applying...

Fortunately I'm moving next Friday, so once I'm into the new apartment I'll have plenty of time to get everything (including OSUs summer checklist...) done around my light traveling schedule.
Current Student

Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two... [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2013, 05:36
bglorioso wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Lucky you, I still haven't received an official award guide so I haven't wanted to start the loan process. I know my scholarship percentages and everything but I want to have firm amounts before I start applying...

Fortunately I'm moving next Friday, so once I'm into the new apartment I'll have plenty of time to get everything (including OSUs summer checklist...) done around my light traveling schedule.

The loan process was pretty quick, a few weeks maybe. I'm sure they'll expedite it if they need to, so dont worry.

Wooooo its almost July! Can't wait to get out of here!
Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two...   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2013, 05:36