Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [2]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Send PM
Re: Focus on work in May? I'm out of here in a Month or two... [#permalink]
lb2015 wrote:
Haha great thread! I also just got my copy of Case In Point, so our "work" schedules are pretty similar. Also have you read Case Interview Secrets? Seems really good so far, as well.

I've also been doing a lot of Craigslist scouting for a place to live. Thankfully sent my check in earlier this week, so that's all done :-D Have you found a place yet, highwyre? Or no because you're waiting on Fuqua?

Ha, I ordered that too! I see I wasn't the only one who order the number 1 and number 2 books on amazons consulting list. Haven't cracked that one open yet though.

I did find a great apartment... and haven't put a deposit down yet.... I'm secretly hoping no one grabs it in the next week or so, I'm trying to avoid signing a lease before everything's official.

But, I'll add that to the list, I have spent many hours doing the same.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
lb2015 wrote:
Haha great thread! I also just got my copy of Case In Point, so our "work" schedules are pretty similar. Also have you read Case Interview Secrets? Seems really good so far, as well.

I've also been doing a lot of Craigslist scouting for a place to live. Thankfully sent my check in earlier this week, so that's all done :-D Have you found a place yet, highwyre? Or no because you're waiting on Fuqua?

Ha, I ordered that too! I see I wasn't the only one who order the number 1 and number 2 books on amazons consulting list. Haven't cracked that one open yet though.

I did find a great apartment... and haven't put a deposit down yet.... I'm secretly hoping no one grabs it in the next week or so, I'm trying to avoid signing a lease before everything's official.

That's rough, do you have a kind of "walk away" date when you'd just completely commit to Johnson? Any chance you could break the lease if you got into Fuqua over the summer?
Director
Director
Send PM
lb2015 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

That's rough, do you have a kind of "walk away" date when you'd just complet!ly commit to Johnson? Any chance you could break the lease if you got into Fuqua over the summer?

Their next decision day (May 10th) is officially my last day. Fuqua has kept me waiting long enough, I've already asked aerien, and I'll have to request the same from you and kingfalcon too. If I do not have a blue school next to my name on May 11th,

yell at me!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
Their next decision day (May 10th) is officially my last day. Fuqua has kept me waiting long enough, I've already asked aerien, and I'll have to request the same from you and kingfalcon too. If I do not have a blue school next to my name on May 11th,

yell at me!

Haha, will do! That seems like a solid approach. Obviously, Johnson is a fantastic school--the Cornell name/network/program will take you far. But I'm crossing my fingers that you get some good news in the next week!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:

yell at me!

Ready when needed! :twisted:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I've already done everything on your list! Except for maybe 7 :D - but that's only because my last day is next Wednesday so at this point I don't have any work to do anyways really.

I've taken to biking to work every day (15 miles each way) while listening to audio books - ugly americans, liars poker, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
Send PM
My replacement starts May 20 but I'm stuck here until the end of June. Here's to hoping they decide to ask me to leave a couple weeks early with pay!

Worst case scenario: 35 more days of work. I like the sounds of that.
Director
Director
Send PM
bglorioso wrote:
My replacement starts May 20 but I'm stuck here until the end of June. Here's to hoping they decide to ask me to leave a couple weeks early with pay!

Worst case scenario: 35 more days of work. I like the sounds of that.

They're still looking to hire my replacement(my boss has been dragging his feet on the process), I have a funny feeling they'll ask me to stay an extra week to help with the transition. My plan is July 3rd, can't wait!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Today is my last day before my replacement starts on Monday. Feels really weird, I think I'm just going to bring my iPad to work so I can "check emails" while I'm training him.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hope everyone is hanging in there. 8 more days for me now. I've officially been made the office admin person. It's actually pretty horrible, fortunately no one expects much from me at this point :)
Director
Director
Send PM
We had my replacement selected and everything was all set. He accepted our offer, and then bailed at the last second and accepted another offer...

So... My company is screwed!

According to the countdown I have written out on my calendar at work, 15 more work days left! (last day now 7/11)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oof, that's rough. The closer we get to my final day, the more terrified my boss gets. I've already made it clear that I'm happy to help from Columbus, but my rates during my funemployment are much, much higher, lol.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
highwyre237 wrote:
We had my replacement selected and everything was all set. He accepted our offer, and then bailed at the last second and accepted another offer...

So... My company is screwed!

According to the countdown I have written out on my calendar at work, 15 more work days left! (last day now 7/11)

Ouch! Though if your company hires like mine does, someone will still be in your cube the day after you leave ;)
Director
Director
Send PM
bglorioso wrote:
Oof, that's rough. The closer we get to my final day, the more terrified my boss gets. I've already made it clear that I'm happy to help from Columbus, but my rates during my funemployment are much, much higher, lol.

Ha, I said pretty much the same thing. I think I said "feel free to contact me for quick consulting work, but my 1099 rate is much much higher."

Yeah, my boss is freaking out.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Question for you all: why do employers/teammates give you new projects to lead when it's your last few weeks? Shouldn't this time be spent transitioning the projects you have already?
Director
Director
Send PM
aerien wrote:
Question for you all: why do employers/teammates give you new projects to lead when it's your last few weeks? Shouldn't this time be spent transitioning the projects you have already?

On my end, I'm mostly focusing on wrapping up what I have, and putting all of my knowledge down on paper for the next person. I am heading one new project, but that is mainly my own doing; I want to see some changes put in the works before I'm out of here.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
highwyre237 wrote:
aerien wrote:

On my end, I'm mostly focusing on wrapping up what I have, and putting all of my knowledge down on paper for the next person. I am heading one new project, but that is mainly my own doing; I want to see some changes put in the works before I'm out of here.

Hah! I just want to transition but my to do list gets longer and longer...back to work I go...
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2