Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:00

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Follow up: Near Elite and Trans Elite Schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 666 [0], given: 781

Follow up: Near Elite and Trans Elite Schools [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2007, 17:36
One of the other suggestions (I think it was ishcabible) was to have more discussions about near elite, trans elite schools and near elite frontier schools.

We currently have 145 schools listed in our MBA program database.

We will gradually build this up with more and more information. If you can provide more information about some of the regional schools in detail, feel free to update the wiki or send us a private message.

Last edited by Praetorian on 08 Dec 2007, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2007, 19:08
Prae, note on your list. You have Boston listed as a school. You should break it up into Boston University and another one for Boston College. Dont know if people will be confused by that or not.
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2007, 19:15
riverripper wrote:
Prae, note on your list. You have Boston listed as a school. You should break it up into Boston University and another one for Boston College. Dont know if people will be confused by that or not.

thank you for letting us know. I sent an email to tino.
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2007, 19:28
Praet, rankings in the database date back to 2002 and 2003. I think we should update the database with the latest rankings available from US News and Business Week. I can start updating the rankings once I have a breather from writing my R2 essays :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2007, 19:49
I put lists of rankings up in Chicago, Kellogg, and MIT because thats what I had in spreadsheets (yes I was that insane about everything this summer).

Though I have no clue how to get the tables to look right. I am still new at all this stuff but I am trying.

I got bored and made a recommendations page.
http://www.gmatclub.com/wiki/Recommendations

I think once some more people get accepted we can start teaming up and capture some of the best practices stuff we have talked about. Recs, Applications, Interviews, Essays, Resumes (I am sure a lot of engineers and IT people have way too technical of resumes for B-school).

Nervous, I am pulling for a Kellogg acceptance, it would be have at least one friendly face I knew at admit weekend. Plus you can become a wiki-master.
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2007, 20:14
riverripper wrote:
I put lists of rankings up in Chicago, Kellogg, and MIT because thats what I had in spreadsheets (yes I was that insane about everything this summer).

Though I have no clue how to get the tables to look right. I am still new at all this stuff but I am trying.

I think once some more people get accepted we can start teaming up and capture some of the best practices stuff we have talked about. Recs, Applications, Interviews, Essays, Resumes (I am sure a lot of engineers and IT people have way too technical of resumes for B-school).

Nervous, I am pulling for a Kellogg acceptance, it would be have at least one friendly face I knew at admit weekend. Plus you can become a wiki-master.

Nice job on the reco page, river!
I surely hope that I will get an acceptance call from Kellogg soon...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2007, 22:30
riverripper wrote:

This is so useful.. i wish i had known it earlier.. I dont think i gave my recommenders enough material this time..

On another note..i feel guilty abt asking my recommenders write recommendation for so many schools(i have asked for 4), i know they are very busy.. how do you all manage that.
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2007, 22:42
nervousgmat wrote:
Praet, rankings in the database date back to 2002 and 2003. I think we should update the database with the latest rankings available from US News and Business Week. I can start updating the rankings once I have a breather from writing my R2 essays :)

nervousgmat, thanks for the suggestion. :)

rr, this link might help you for tables: Help:Tables

Some general guidelines for editors:
http://www.gmatclub.com/wiki/Editors

the recommendation page looks very good. A perfect example of how we can capture useful knowledge on the forums and use the wiki to archive the information.

Not sure if rhyme would be ok with posting his interview guide on the wiki.
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2007, 23:12
toDoorNot wrote:
riverripper wrote:
On another note..i feel guilty abt asking my recommenders write recommendation for so many schools(i have asked for 4), i know they are very busy.. how do you all manage that.

You aren't that bad. I asked for 6....
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 431 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 01:26
Hi Preat, absolutely LOVE this Schools database. I wanted to make some additions to the LBS page, however I do not have a user name. How do I get access to it ?
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 01:56
bsd_lover wrote:
Hi Preat, absolutely LOVE this Schools database. I wanted to make some additions to the LBS page, however I do not have a user name. How do I get access to it ?

Your username and password for the wiki is the same as the one you use for the forum.

Also, I may have to remove the underscore from your username. For some reason, the wiki does not allow that.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 06:11
toDoorNot wrote:

I asked for 4 but canceled one of those a few weeks before (they hadn't done it yet). My advice is personally go through the forms. I made a table of questions and what schools asked what. There is TONS of overlap. Once they do one pretty much the only difference is a question or two. The check lists are very similar and after the first one they should pretty much know how they rate you.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 06:13
Praetorian wrote:
the recommendation page looks very good. A perfect example of how we can capture useful knowledge on the forums and use the wiki to archive the information.

Hope I am not overstepping my boundaries by creating all this junk like the rec page and the list of blogs.

I didn't ask aau but she directs people to her form so I didnt think she would mind. Its something she should be proud of I know a ton of us used that as a great starting point this year. I would have been lost with out it.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 11:44
good stuff River! As I promised (you and Praet) before, once I get an accept and am less stressed, I can definitely help populate the pages. Might even try to learn the wiki stuff!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 11:50
kryzak wrote:
good stuff River! As I promised (you and Praet) before, once I get an accept and am less stressed, I can definitely help populate the pages. Might even try to learn the wiki stuff!

I am king of copy and paste. Copy something from another page, edit it with different words. Look and see how it comes out.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 12:01
that's how i used to make my webpages with HTML. Copy what I like, and edit the code. They call us "hackers" (not the malicious kind) instead of "coders" in the software world. :wink:
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 20:23
Quote:
riverripper wrote:
Praetorian wrote:

Hope I am not overstepping my boundaries by creating all this junk like the rec page and the list of blogs.

Not at all. A lot of things you see on the Club are a result of user feedback and initiative.

Quote:
I didn't ask aau but she directs people to her form so I didnt think she would mind. Its something she should be proud of I know a ton of us used that as a great starting point this year. I would have been lost with out it.

You gave her credit, so I think she should be OK. I think we should include rhyme's interview guide on the wiki. he should be ok with it too.

Quote:

If the wiki part is an issue, just supply the content -- of course free of copyright -- and we can build the page for you.

thanks everyone for your feedback.
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 21:22
riverripper wrote:

As per your request:

http://www.gmatclub.com/wiki/Boston_Col ... Carroll%29

http://www.gmatclub.com/wiki/Boston_University
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 23:31
riverripper wrote:
Praetorian wrote:

Neat! I'm famous!!
Three points:

1. My company name is at the bottom of the form. Can you change it to "insert your company name here?"

2. I appreciate your citing me, but it's probably more important that you cite Monsieur Montauk, as much of that comes from his book.

3. Positioning statement for me was a little different from what you have. It was a sort of meta-statement about who I was and the impression I was trying to leave the adcoms with. Not a rehash of an essay, but more of an, "Oh, that applicant, the one who...." Not that what you have is wrong, it's more that it's different from how I thought of it.

thanks for doing this. you the man.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2007, 06:21
The MBA Program Database looks fantastic! I think that hopefully it will help out with getting and retaining more members here who are not looking at just elite schools.

The recommendations wiki looks great too, river (and aaudetat)!
  [#permalink] 10 Dec 2007, 06:21