Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 07:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 35

For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 21:26
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me that in order to get 700 in GMAT how many questions should be right out of 41Q in verbal considering all correct in QA or is it depend on the GMAT adaptive test.

regards,
Vikas
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
5 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [5] , given: 41

Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 19:34
This post received
KUDOS
solanki2803 wrote:
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me that in order to get 700 in GMAT how many questions should be right out of 41Q in verbal considering all correct in QA or is it depend on the GMAT adaptive test.

regards,
Vikas

Hi Vikas,

For 700 in GMAT: V36 and Q 49.

TO get V36, make sure not to incorrect more than 10 questions continually. Basically it all depends on the adaptivity of the test. Focus more on the first 20 questions, but do not loose the remaining 20. First 20 questions helps you achieve your target score, remaining 20 is all about maintaining your score.

gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Thanks,
Jai

KUDOS if it HELPED..!! :)

MODULUS Concept ---> inequalities-158054.html#p1257636
HEXAGON Theory ---> hexagon-theory-tips-to-solve-any-heaxgon-question-158189.html#p1258308

Intern
Intern

Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 20:57
Thanks alot jaituteja for reply. You mean to say that Initial 20Q should be correct and in remaining 21Q, 10Q should not be incorrect continually?. I am asking this question because right now I have 50% of accuracy while solving verbal question so just want to know how much improvement I need to do to get 700 score.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 41

Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 21:27
solanki2803 wrote:
Thanks alot jaituteja for reply. You mean to say that Initial 20Q should be correct and in remaining 21Q, 10Q should not be incorrect continually?. I am asking this question because right now I have 50% of accuracy while solving verbal question so just want to know how much improvement I need to do to get 700 score.

Hi solanki2803,

Practically, it is very difficult to get the initial 20 question correct as GMAT is adaptive and maintaining 700 level in the first 20 questions is challenging but not impossible. As per the link i shared in my earlier post, Last 11 incorrect gave V38, provided initial 30 question were absolutely correct.
If out of 41 questions you make 10-11 questions incorrect continually, ie. 5,11,15,19,25,etc are the incorrect question,i.e in gaps, then V36 is the score that one achieves.

If you have 50% accuracy, then its not bad at all. you have 20 questions incorrect, you improve at only 10. you will get V36..
Examine what level of questions are you making incorrect and then study accordingly.
Give an adaptive test MGMAT/GMAT Prep to see where actually your score falls. It is the shortage of time that makes you do mistakes, or it is some section like CR in my case, on which you need to work.

Thanks,
Jai

KUDOS if it HELPED..!!! :)

HEXAGON Theory ---> hexagon-theory-tips-to-solve-any-heaxgon-question-158189.html#p1258308

Intern
Intern

Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 22:13
Currently it is the shortage of time which makes me do mistakes and mainly I am taking more than 10 minutes to solve a RC which should me around 8 minutes I guess for a 4 ques RC. I am targeting following timing for Verbal-
SC- (in GMAT 13-15 ques) - 1minute per que = 15 minutes
CR- (in GMAT 11-13 ques) - 2minutes per que = 26 minutes
RC- (in GMAT 4 RC with 4 question in each RC) - 8 minutes per RC = 32 minutes
I haven't attempt any GMAT prep and MGMAT tests yet saving them for later right now doing sectional tests to improve my accuracy and speed.
Let me know if my strategy is correct or not . or what can I do to improve. I want to improve as much as possible before starting giving GMAT prep and MGMAT tests.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 41

Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2013, 21:38
solanki2803 wrote:
Currently it is the shortage of time which makes me do mistakes and mainly I am taking more than 10 minutes to solve a RC which should me around 8 minutes I guess for a 4 ques RC. I am targeting following timing for Verbal-
SC- (in GMAT 13-15 ques) - 1minute per que = 15 minutes
CR- (in GMAT 11-13 ques) - 2minutes per que = 26 minutes
RC- (in GMAT 4 RC with 4 question in each RC) - 8 minutes per RC = 32 minutes
I haven't attempt any GMAT prep and MGMAT tests yet saving them for later right now doing sectional tests to improve my accuracy and speed.
Let me know if my strategy is correct or not . or what can I do to improve. I want to improve as much as possible before starting giving GMAT prep and MGMAT tests.

Hi,

Apologies for replying late.

Your approach is good, but in my opinion, it rarely works as we think.
Because, for SC when you have reached a 700-800 level question, do you really think that particular question would be solved in a minute?
Provided, if you are an expert in SC, it would.

For RC, we get approx. 3-4 question per RC. I have seldom come across RC's with 4 questions in GMAT.

So, on an average b/w 9 and 16, you can consider 13 question approx for RC,thereby reducing your time.
Try to solve an RC completely within 6 minutes(3 questions per RC) , if you take more than that.. move on..!!!

Your CR strategy is good,but i would suggest that focus more on first 10 questions.

I read it in someone's experience, that GMAT does not expect us to answer all the questions, if we have to skip any question, then we have to because we don't have much time to waste.Also, recently somebody shared that if you focus on first 10 questions, you will find an improvement of 2-3 point.

Try to strengthen your weakness, because for the first 20 questions you have to get to the score you desire and for the rest of the questions you need to maintain that score.

Refer to the gmat prep software analysis i shared in my previous post.

Thanks,
Jai

Intern
Intern

Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2013, 22:24
thanks alot for your detailed suggestion.will surely try to follow it.
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Statistics, International Business
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-02-2013
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 00:51
Expert's post
HI Guys,

I have been observing this conversation for a while. Jaiteja , i appreciate the great infos that you have shared. Solanki, i would suggest that before you decide on the time marker, take atleast 2 Mock exams.The reasons behind are many:
1. You know if your mental stamina allows you to take hefty RCs at a later stage or rather during the last 15 minutes of your 4 hours marathon
2. You can generalize q's if you move to a 680+ level, esp the CRs at times get very difficult and needs more attention. Nonetheless, SCs are no easier at such level. Since your target score is 720+ , you should expect to more stunners.

We here can suggest you much more once you have a test analysis. I would suggest take Gmat Prep Test.

Thanks
Subho

Regards,

S

Consider +1 KUDOS if you find this post useful

Intern
Intern

Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2013, 05:00
Hi WaterFlowsUp,

I have attempted both GMAT Prep mock test and both the times I got same score with different no of correct ques:
GMATPrep1 - 620 - Q50, V25 (22 Correct and 19 questions incorrect in verbal)
GMATPrep2 - 620 - Q50, V24 (25 Correct and 16 questions incorrect in verbal)

both the times I ecounter very tough RCs. Now I am confused how can I improve my score. I was thinking if I am able to get 28 questions correct in verbal and Q50-51 in quant then I can touch 700 level but now after GMATPrep mocks I am very confused what to do. I am able to do RCs when during practice (mostly 2 out of 3 ques correct).

My GMAT exam is on 12th October (this Saturday). please suggest what I can do in remaining 2-3 days.

regards,
Vikas
Intern
Intern

Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2013, 06:16
And I got the same score(620, Q50 V25) in GMAT today. Same as in GMATPrep. Very confused what I should do now to improve my Verbal score. Today I got two very lengthy RCs which took most of my time.
Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct?   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2013, 06:16