Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 10:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 4.6 years Exp IT prof
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 47 [1] , given: 38

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2010, 10:59
This post received
KUDOS
Chaitra

You already have done OG12 right so why not start with question that you did wrong since you got only 60% right.
you can pick up OG 10 as well attempt them and search for there solution if you are confused with the explanation given in OG itself.
you can pick Verbal O.G Review, 1000SC Questions and also Brutal SC questions which are already available here in the Gmat Club with solution.
It is upto you to decide what is best for you..... :-D
Another thing if you want to search for any question, search that question in Google and you will get links related to the question for all the forums......

I will Fight till the END!!!! :knight

I will give a Fight till the End

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."
- Bernard Edmonds

A person who is afraid of Failure can never succeed -- Amneet Padda

Don't Forget to give the KUDOS

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2010, 11:15
This post received
KUDOS
Chaitra

I more thing you can do is Make a list which includes all the words that you think can create problem in sentence correction question For ex: the fact is ,being,have ,has ,had ,ing, that , will ,would , if , and so on whatever you remember and when you face a problem and that word to this list.
that will also help in pin pointing the area where the problem may appear...

----------------------------------------
I will Fight till the END!!!! :knight

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."
- Bernard Edmonds

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 47

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2010, 11:55
I'm currently reading The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning and it's really special one

I strongly recommend to read
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2010, 13:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hi amneetpadda,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I will try to do the wrong questions again.
Great tip of making list. Will follow that.

Just want to know, how you study from the forum posts..Asked similar question my earlier post too.
Do you pick any question from SC forum and then read the solution to it? or you first try to solve it?

Yes Pavle, I have used CR Bible and that has improved my accuracy n CR.
Thanks for all your support and suggestions.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 07:24
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all

Am new to this Forum.

I plan to take GMAT by this year end.

I was going through another forum where people were discussing about e-gmat,an online course on SC.

DOes anybody have any idea about this?

Few people were very happy with their online material.

According to them they were able to improve their performance in SC from 60% to 80+
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 47 [2] , given: 38

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 08:35
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
Just want to know, how you study from the forum posts..Asked similar question my earlier post too.
Do you pick any question from SC forum and then read the solution to it? or you first try to solve it?

See I attempt the question from the all the 1000SC, Brutal SC and any question that is marked as tough, tricky or 700 plus Question in this forum and attempt first on my own and than compare it with the other users solution.

If I don't find the solution helpful on one forum, I try to search them on other forums and see there solution just for ur help
U can go to following site after attempting the 1000SC question
http://thousandsc.blogspot.com/
http://gmatsentencecorrection.blogspot.com

and see the solution from both
but do this only after you have completed og10,12 and verbal.

I hope this helps

-----------------------------------------
"I will give it a Fight :beat up till the END....!!!!! :2gunfire:

- Bernard Edmonds

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 08:40
This post received
KUDOS
Hi anirudhsaraf7

I am no genius but i can advice you onething try to do OG12 and OG10 first for verbal and give GMAT Prep test.
and you may find your accuracy more than 80% in that case i don't think you will require any other course or material.

First Complete OG if you find that you are still not performing as you desire than you can think of going for other material.

--------------------------------
I will give it a Fight :beatup till the END...........!!! :2gunfire:

- Bernard Edmonds

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 47

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 09:00
Is OG12 verbal part harder than other official guides verbal??
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 483 [0], given: 432

Premium Member
Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 10:01
Expert's post
Pavle wrote:
Is OG12 verbal part harder than other official guides verbal??

Both editions of the OG Verbal are generally easier than the verbal sections in OG12.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 18:56
@amneetpadda

Thanks amneet
I will finish up OG12 first.
I am studying from manhattan SC and i take up corresponding questions from OG12.

My problem is that when i do OG my hit rate is 50%.
Once finishing manhattan SC should i re do the OG and then check my hit rate?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 38

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 11:21
@anirudhsaraf:
Treat OG12 like holy scripture do it as many times as you can but try to understand the reason why one option over scores the other options as well.
It depends upon you mate if you are applying the rules correctly then your hit rate might go up to 90%.

If you know the reason only than you can perform well.

PS: I am no Verbal guru I am just sharing with my thoughts

I did Verbal OG and got 25 incorrect out of 113.... i don't think that is bad start but that is not a good start either....:P

I will give it a Fight :beat till the End....!!!!! :2gunfire:

- Bernard Edmonds

Last edited by aim730 on 18 Aug 2010, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 11:23
@bmillan01 : thanks mate even i was thinking why my hit rate is so high...:P
By the way i was doing the third edition of Verbal Review...!!!

I will give it a Fight :beat till the End....!!!!! :2gunfire:

- Bernard Edmonds

Manager
Manager

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2010, 13:14
Can anybody guide me how to go with RC question because i don't understand I am too afraid to attempt them...:(

- Bernard Edmonds

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2010, 14:53
Hi everybody,
I stay In India and I want to buy the Powerscore RC, CR and SC books. I cant find them anywhere.
Can anyone tell me how to procure them?
Regards
Aniriddha
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 180

Kudos [?]: 957 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 00:15
aniriddha wrote:
Hi everybody,
I stay In India and I want to buy the Powerscore RC, CR and SC books. I cant find them anywhere.
Can anyone tell me how to procure them?
Regards
Aniriddha

Flipkart.in is the solution. I have bought books from them, so do not worry about the delivery.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Manager
Manager

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 10:11
@aniriddha

You can get these books through torrents....you don't need to buy unless you want to have brand new copies...???

- Bernard Edmonds

Manager
Manager

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 10:14
Any suggestions how to do RC question somehow I tried doing RC question by taking notes as Kaplan suggested though it takes alot of time but the end result is you score better than earlier atleast for now my accuracy is good but I need to attempt more questions and will keep you updated.Right now I am doing Verbal Review for RC and 10th OG for SC

- Bernard Edmonds

Manager
Manager

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 06:39
I am trying to do the RC from Verbal review and did first 50 Question I got approx 60% correct even after attempting through Kaplan approach only problem I felt was my Vocab so does anyone can help on that part I know that is one of my many stupid question to ask but it is killing me.
I just want to know if there is any list of words available that might help me....???

- Bernard Edmonds

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 14:08
Hi amneetpadda,

Try Vocaboly software for words. About CR, I have not solved verbal review yet but I have improved in CR by going through OG 10. I first read CR bible and then solved OG10 and then OG12.

Thanks,
Chitra
Manager
Manager

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 07:10
Chaitra

Vocabulary Software S/w ????
or i can pick any Vocab S/W....
Good to hear that you have improved in CR so in ten days you completed Bible CR, OG10 and OG 12
Good going I don't get that much time
When are you going to give the GMAT Exam
and did you give the any Prep test....???
Whats your profile....???
I am an IT prof that hurts the most while we apply for B-School.

I did VIP test set 15 Maths recently my performance was decent.
but I am just afraid of Verbal.........:-(

Amneet

- Bernard Edmonds

Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2010, 07:10