Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 18:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

??? for waitlist process

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

??? for waitlist process [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2007, 21:51
do people actually get in after being waitlisted? or are they canned like spam. do the schools hire the "best" candidates through all the rounds and then goto the waitlist for the "ok" candidates? or is pretty much a waitlist means rejected and move on in life? :roll:
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Re: ??? for waitlist process [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2007, 01:12
ask80 wrote:
do people actually get in after being waitlisted? or are they canned like spam. do the schools hire the "best" candidates through all the rounds and then goto the waitlist for the "ok" candidates? or is pretty much a waitlist means rejected and move on in life? :roll:

Waitlisted speaking here... Yes, it warms my heart to say that people actually do get an admit after being waitlisted. There is no reliable statistics though.
I personally know at least two people from GSB who were admitted from WL. Also, AdCom letter stated that the last year 40% of those waitlisted were admitted. I do not think they just pick the best of the best (these are already there). I think they look into the pool of waitlisted candidates to increase class diversity.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2007, 07:34
Although people do get admitted from waitlists, I think different schools use the waitlist in different ways. For instance some schools may use it as a yield management tool, while others may use it as a "we may come back to you" list.
  [#permalink] 20 Feb 2007, 07:34