Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 11:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Forum Index by School?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 May 2006
Posts: 381
Location: Phoenix AZ
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Forum Index by School? [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2006, 08:14
Should we have a forum board by school? At least for the ultr-elite ones? Any CEO (or anyone who as the prevs to create a new index all-together) agree on this?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1513 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Forum Index by School? [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2006, 08:15
mailtheguru wrote:
Should we have a forum board by school? At least for the ultr-elite ones? Any CEO (or anyone who as the prevs to create a new index all-together) agree on this?


You mean like a "GSB" forum, a "HBS" forum, etc?

Would there be enough posts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 May 2006
Posts: 381
Location: Phoenix AZ
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Forum Index by School? [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2006, 20:32
rhyme wrote:
mailtheguru wrote:
Should we have a forum board by school? At least for the ultr-elite ones? Any CEO (or anyone who as the prevs to create a new index all-together) agree on this?


You mean like a "GSB" forum, a "HBS" forum, etc?

Would there be enough posts?

ya, maybe worth a shot.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2308
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2006, 20:38
Maybe just a thread or something. There was a lot of activity in the Cornell thread as things came to a head. The only problem is that I believe only 3-4 regular posters are applying to each of the schools, so I agree with Rhyme that it might be a little dead. People might get tired of talking to just the same 2 other people all the time.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 177
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2006, 21:48
pelihu wrote:
Maybe just a thread or something. There was a lot of activity in the Cornell thread as things came to a head. The only problem is that I believe only 3-4 regular posters are applying to each of the schools, so I agree with Rhyme that it might be a little dead. People might get tired of talking to just the same 2 other people all the time.



There's a lot of shadow readers that might start posting if they see their school.
CEO
CEO
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Posts: 3470
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 658 [0], given: 781

 [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2006, 22:04
thank you for all of your contributions.

We can do something like this provided some of you take the lead in active participation. Something that the moderators and some members of this forum have done.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 May 2006
Posts: 381
Location: Phoenix AZ
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2006, 22:27
Praetorian wrote:
thank you for all of your contributions.

We can do something like this provided some of you take the lead in active participation. Something that the moderators and some members of this forum have done.


How about we run a pilot on HBS. I can try to take a lead.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2308
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 01:44
mailtheguru wrote:
Praetorian wrote:
thank you for all of your contributions.

We can do something like this provided some of you take the lead in active participation. Something that the moderators and some members of this forum have done.


How about we run a pilot on HBS. I can try to take a lead.


I'm not applying to HBS, but I must admit I'm intrigued to see the profiles of those admitted. I wonder if GMATclub members can beat the overall admit rate of 10%.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 155
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 06:46
homefry wrote:

There's a lot of shadow readers that might start posting if they see their school.


Sure, count me in.. 'm one of those who spend time browsin than postin in these forums since my target schools(MIT,tepper...) are not discussed much here.. but i guess it will be difficult to do this stuff for each and every school.. maybe somethin like Ultra elite forum, elite forum.. etc; 'll do good.. That way we can also have cross forum participation coz most of them apply to a diverse bunch across these categories..

cheers
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1513 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 07:01
mbadart07 wrote:
homefry wrote:

There's a lot of shadow readers that might start posting if they see their school.


Sure, count me in.. 'm one of those who spend time browsin than postin in these forums since my target schools(MIT,tepper...) are not discussed much here.. but i guess it will be difficult to do this stuff for each and every school.. maybe somethin like Ultra elite forum, elite forum.. etc; 'll do good.. That way we can also have cross forum participation coz most of them apply to a diverse bunch across these categories..

cheers


Doesnt that already exist?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 155
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 16:47
rhyme wrote:
mbadart07 wrote:
homefry wrote:

There's a lot of shadow readers that might start posting if they see their school.


Sure, count me in.. 'm one of those who spend time browsin than postin in these forums since my target schools(MIT,tepper...) are not discussed much here.. but i guess it will be difficult to do this stuff for each and every school.. maybe somethin like Ultra elite forum, elite forum.. etc; 'll do good.. That way we can also have cross forum participation coz most of them apply to a diverse bunch across these categories..

cheers


Doesnt that already exist?


It exists and i wudnt have got this topic here had we all discussed all our school stuff in those specific forums.. I just thought it would be a good idea to split discussions to clusters making it easy to pick posts.. lets c..
CEO
CEO
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Posts: 3470
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 658 [0], given: 781

 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 17:59
May I suggest that we start off by school specific threads. I could sticky them.

I encourage everyone to participate. The best way to take advantage of the forum is to be actively involved.

If you are interested in a specific school, kindly start a thread with an appropriate title of the school. If you do start a thread, please be sure to follow up and make the thread interesting and relevant for all. Others are most welcome to join.

I have already made the Cornell thread a sticky. hope rhyme did not spend too much time answering private messages. :oops:

I am quite pleased that the b-school forum has become useful for the members. thanks again all.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 155
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2006, 06:55
Praetorian wrote:
May I suggest that we start off by school specific threads. I could sticky them.

I encourage everyone to participate. The best way to take advantage of the forum is to be actively involved.

If you are interested in a specific school, kindly start a thread with an appropriate title of the school. If you do start a thread, please be sure to follow up and make the thread interesting and relevant for all. Others are most welcome to join.

I have already made the Cornell thread a sticky. hope rhyme did not spend too much time answering private messages. :oops:

I am quite pleased that the b-school forum has become useful for the members. thanks again all.


Nice job Praetorian, Guess this shud start off a gud series of school specific discussions.. but it depends on everybudy's contribution here also..
CEO
CEO
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Posts: 3281
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 427 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2006, 20:49
I agree with Praetorian that this is a good idea. The challenge is often generate sufficient traffic to support each school but this does not seem to have been a problem lately.
  [#permalink] 29 Nov 2006, 20:49
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Index Cards srichaks 10 25 May 2010, 20:33
23 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tribute to Business School Forums jankynoname 27 30 Apr 2010, 13:25
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Forum Index Page Tweaks bb 0 27 Aug 2009, 23:44
The B-School Application forum is a year old! Praetorian 9 20 Jun 2007, 12:52
ds - index christoph 3 16 Dec 2005, 02:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Forum Index by School?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.