Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Admitted :) Based out of Delhi, India. No scholarship though.

Look forward to connecting with all those who have been admitted :) :) btw anyone from Delhi?

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Meghnasingla: i am from delhi. However, i am round 2 applicant to be interviewed on dec 18th.

Did you do a skype interview ? Any hint on kind of questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to u too :-D that's pretty cool man! its somethin like a 27k schol...awesome...I am sure now if the email dont mention it mean there is none...well neways I have emailed Erin, asking about the schol...I am an international student, working in singapore, originally frm Delhi
Eshiff wrote:
nishant1006 wrote:
Got in :) received an email, but no scholarship info :? hey can anyone confirm on this? if the email dont mention it, can we assume that i got no schol...

Congrats on getting in! I was accepted as well. I am out of state and I got a 'scholarship' that essentially entitles me to In-state tuition, it was called a waiver. It was mentioned in my acceptance e-mail and I got a separate e-mail with more details.

Still waiting to hear from a few places before I make the final call. Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@lookatami: I did mine over skype ... it was around 10.30pm at night (5th Nov to be precise :) ) Andy Chen was my interviewer ... questions were more around understanding my career goals and how foster would be a good fit. Is was quite a short interview .. 25 minutes in total .. From an experience perspective and I can assure you that your interviewers ensure that you are comfortable during the entire conversation and they always share the agenda in the beginning ...

All the best for your interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
My interview is scheduled with Megan Lewis. Is there anything I should particularly focus on ? Can anyone post questions in their interview
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all.
I was admitted in R1 last Thursday and immediately accepted the admissions offer. I'm also a UW undergrad allum, so I know what I'm getting into. I've been lurking on the board for months, and I wanted to finally chime in.
For the admitted but undecided crowd:
If you're on the fence about UW, talk to an alum. You'll be hard pressed to find one who doesn't absolutely love UW. If you're still unsure, talk to a Foster alum or current student. I've met 4-5 Foster MBA allum, some who received their masters back in the late 90's before the program was renamed for Foster. All are driven, supportive team players who despise mediocrity and look back fondly on their time at UW. It's a great community to join.
For those not native to the Pacific Northwest... You may need to adjust to 8 months straight of gray cloud and drizzle, but its well worth it for a mild climate and amazing summers.

My interview was with Mr. Chen. It was a very friendly, professional 20-25 minute conversation. Mr. Chen initiated the conversation by explaining that the purpose of the interview is to determine if I would be a good fit in the program. All the questions nested with that objective. For example:
Why UW? Why Foster?
What objective or goal am I trying to accomplish once I have my Foster MBA.
What would I assess as the weak part of my application?
A handful of questions about my résumé.
And perhaps 10 minutes for me to ask questions and have a conversation about the program.

At no point was the interview adversarial. I never got the impression that I was being challenged or stressed for the purpose of gauging my reaction. I think it's safe to take the interview at face value. I got the impression that if you are offered an interview, the program has found you acceptable on paper. What remains is gauging your interpersonal skills and bearing to see if you fit the culture of Foster / being a business leader. But that's just my two cents.

After your interview, do yourself a favor and step over to the Ave for lunch. Shultzy's Sausage is amazing. Or China First for those of us who love bad and cheap Chinese food. Ten years later and several trips to the middle east, and I'm still convinced that Aladdin's Gyro-Cery is the best anywhere.

If you still can't decide if UW is the right choice, walk down to Drumheller Fountain and stare at Mt Rainer. The answer will come to you.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Does anyone knows if R3 is way too late for international students looking for scholarships? Any latinos thinking about applying to foster?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Meghnasingla wrote:
@lookatami: I did mine over skype ... it was around 10.30pm at night (5th Nov to be precise :) ) Andy Chen was my interviewer ... questions were more around understanding my career goals and how foster would be a good fit. Is was quite a short interview .. 25 minutes in total .. From an experience perspective and I can assure you that your interviewers ensure that you are comfortable during the entire conversation and they always share the agenda in the beginning ...

All the best for your interview!

@Meghnasingla - Thank you very much for detailed explanation on the interview. I am surely excited and will try to crack the interview!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
There is a Facebook group for the admitted students - https://www.facebook.com/groups/589220531146225/ - hope to see you all there!!

-Ryan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hey Ryan, thanks for sharing the facebook group ...

@lookatami .. all the best !! in case you want to have a chat before your interview let me know !!

@Huskystorm07 ... must say a very well rounded post !! and I cannot agree more with you .. I have spoken to current students, alums and adcom members and can definitely say they are very friendly and supportive!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

Thought of sharing this info fr everyone's benefit...I got a confirmation form Foster adcom office - If ur admission offer email doesnt mention a scholarship - this means there is no schol award for u now...sorry :(

perhaps there is a small chance of some schol at a later stage, but don't count on it....for obvious reasons
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
aa2012 wrote:
Dinged... Congratulations and Good luck to everyone accepted in to the program...

aa2012, sorry to hear dinged...

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on why you were dinged? It would be very helpful.

Keep moving!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Congrats to all who were admitted!

How much time does the offer letter give you to accept? I'm in a later round.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
dalejan wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I got the call last night (at about 6pm) and am admitted. Located in Philadelphia for reference. Received an email a couple of hours after containing information regarding a scholarship offer.

Best of luck to everyone else!

would you mind share your scholarship amount? thx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Eshiff wrote:
nishant1006 wrote:
Got in :) received an email, but no scholarship info :? hey can anyone confirm on this? if the email dont mention it, can we assume that i got no schol...

Congrats on getting in! I was accepted as well. I am out of state and I got a 'scholarship' that essentially entitles me to In-state tuition, it was called a waiver. It was mentioned in my acceptance e-mail and I got a separate e-mail with more details.

Still waiting to hear from a few places before I make the final call. Good luck to everyone!

would you mind sharing your backgrund?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
the offer says feb1,2014
JavertHL wrote:
Congrats to all who were admitted!

How much time does the offer letter give you to accept? I'm in a later round.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
I applied in R2 and my application got completed by 27th Nov. i have not heard anything from school ?
Shall I assume that my application is not considered ?

How much time does it generally take for initial review and to give an interview call ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts