Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 22:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
McDonough Thread Master
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 186

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 13:59
Eric7 wrote:
Hi,

Any R3 applicants without an Interview Invite yet?
Starting to get really nervous now!! :(

P.S: Noticed some football in the forum and have to say Manutd's abysmal performances are not helping my anxiety at all!! :roll:

Don't lose hope yet @ both Man Utd and the interview invite! There's a long way ahead on both paths :)

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.55
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 02:55
kaustubhkul wrote:
Eric7 wrote:
Hi,

Any R3 applicants without an Interview Invite yet?
Starting to get really nervous now!! :(

P.S: Noticed some football in the forum and have to say Manutd's abysmal performances are not helping my anxiety at all!! :roll:

Don't lose hope yet @ both Man Utd and the interview invite! There's a long way ahead on both paths :)

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk

I haven't got an invite yet. I'm wondering maybe my application wasn't complete in the first place. Does Foster send any application complete emails?
McDonough Thread Master

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 06:34
shayan18 wrote:
I haven't got an invite yet. I'm wondering maybe my application wasn't complete in the first place. Does Foster send any application complete emails?

I don't think so... I only have an email confirming GMAT score report, and next was interview invite.
Don't give up yet; there's still 4 weeks left!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.55
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 06:38
kaustubhkul wrote:
shayan18 wrote:

I don't think so... I only have an email confirming GMAT score report, and next was interview invite.

I did not get any email from foster about GMAT score report? Will they contact me if they did not receive my official GMAT report?
McDonough Thread Master

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 06:40
shayan18 wrote:
I did not get any email from foster about GMAT score report? Will they contact me if they did not receive my official GMAT report?

I would think so... and in any case, you can just drop an email asking whether your application is complete and all materials have been received.
I'm sure they'll respond to that very quickly, and that way you can relax a bit :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.49

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 10:23
shayan18 wrote:
kaustubhkul wrote:
shayan18 wrote:

I received a courtesy email saying that my official was received by the adcom. But I don't think they will contact you if they haven't received it. You should contact them instead.
Foster Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: 1330 Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 22

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 21:34
shayan18 wrote:
kaustubhkul wrote:
shayan18 wrote:

I did receive a confirmation of the score report from Foster! I think you should contact the adcom asap!

Best
KK
Intern
Intern
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 13:31
lolamamu wrote:
shayan18 wrote:

I received a courtesy email saying that my official was received by the adcom. But I don't think they will contact you if they haven't received it. You should contact them instead.[/quote]

I was told that they don't need official GMAT scores until you are admitted. They only use what you reported to them if you didn't put Foster on your GMAT or you took it years ago.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 11:14
Have any Round 3 Applicants gotten an admissions notice yet? Had my interview a few weeks ago, starting to get nervous.
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE: Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 70

Reviews Badge
Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 12:17
This post received
KUDOS
sleepyinbellingham wrote:
Have any Round 3 Applicants gotten an admissions notice yet? Had my interview a few weeks ago, starting to get nervous.

It looks like the notification date is 3/30. They sometimes send out notification a bit earlier than the actual date, but I don't remember seeing anyone knowing this far in advance. I'd expect to hear something toward the middle to end of that week (last full week of March).

Good luck!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Foster '16

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 23:16
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all,

First off, thanks for all the advice and the info that was posted. Big help.

Next, just for the record, recently had an R3 interview in Beijing. Was interviewed by Sarah Amsbary, who was great.

Hoping for some good news!
1 KUDOS received
Foster Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 22

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 20:38
This post received
KUDOS
Fellow applicants,

I would like you to know that we have a new forum for MBA debriefs where admitted members can share their admission experience.

I request the admitted students to spare some time and post their admission experience in the forum and help the other applicants. Applicants could discuss with the admitted students to learn from their experiences.

Here is the forum link: http://gmatclub.com/forum/share-your-application-experience-332/

Cheers,
KK
Intern
Intern

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 05:10
Hi All,

Hope you all are doing great!
By when can we expect to hear round 3 results?

Good Luck to All!
Foster Thread Master

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 05:56
hinikap84 wrote:
Hi All,

Hope you all are doing great!
By when can we expect to hear round 3 results?

Good Luck to All!

Towards the end of March is my guess! Good luck

Best
KK
Intern
Intern

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 19:01
This is my first post here - I'm a regular silent observer in the forum, but thought I'd share my experience with Foster. I applied on the Jan 21st deadline and was invited to interview almost immediately (Feb 1st week). I completed my interview via Skype on Feb 26th - I would say that the interview was not conversational at all -very businesslike. The interviewer rattled off questions one by one without any follow up questions.

Tell me what you do everyday at work?
What do you enjoy most about it and what most frustrating?
What is your most significant accomplishment in your current workplace?
Describe a significant leadership experience?
What are three strengths that you bring to the Foster school?
Tell me about a time when you changed a process/ went beyond your responsibilities to improve something?
What are the three things you expect from an MBA program?
Why are some aspects of the Foster school that appeal to you?

The total interview time was about 38 minutes. I asked a few questions in the last 10 mins, that was the first time in the whole interview I heard the interviewer speak for more than 5 seconds.

My interview was far from perfect, though. I managed to answer most questions to my satisfaction - but i completely lost my train of thought in one answer - I apologized and started over again. And one of my phones started ringing in the middle of my interview (I didn't know how this could have happened, I specifically turned on silent mode). Anyhow, I turned that off and apologized for that as well. It was late in the night and I wasn't expecting a call.

My profile : Indian/ 690/ 5 years (3 years in sales/consumer facing roles, 2 years in Tech Product Management)

Good luck to everyone here waiting for the decision on March 30th. Hopefully we all hear some good news!
Intern
Intern

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 21:16
Hi Slashwin,

Hope we hear good news soon. As per last year forum results came out on 15th march 2013.
Just to share with you- my case was no different in terms of interview pattern. Even in my case entire interview was far from being conversational and lasted for around 33 mins. I could hardly see any sort of acknowledgement after any answer of mine and within spilt seconds questions were fired at mine. I feel I could put across all my points, but not in the exact way I wanted too.

Fingers crossed:)

Best
Jgd!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V26
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.62

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 02:35
waiting is painful :(
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 08:20
hinikap84 wrote:
Hi Slashwin,

Hope we hear good news soon. As per last year forum results came out on 15th march 2013.
Just to share with you- my case was no different in terms of interview pattern. Even in my case entire interview was far from being conversational and lasted for around 33 mins. I could hardly see any sort of acknowledgement after any answer of mine and within spilt seconds questions were fired at mine. I feel I could put across all my points, but not in the exact way I wanted too.

Best
Jgd!

are you sure about march 15? it looked like only a few people heard around that time last year but the majority found out a couple days before march 30...
Foster Thread Master

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 09:44
slashwin wrote:
This is my first post here - I'm a regular silent observer in the forum, but thought I'd share my experience with Foster. I applied on the Jan 21st deadline and was invited to interview almost immediately (Feb 1st week). I completed my interview via Skype on Feb 26th - I would say that the interview was not conversational at all -very businesslike. The interviewer rattled off questions one by one without any follow up questions.

Tell me what you do everyday at work?
What do you enjoy most about it and what most frustrating?
What is your most significant accomplishment in your current workplace?
Describe a significant leadership experience?
What are three strengths that you bring to the Foster school?
Tell me about a time when you changed a process/ went beyond your responsibilities to improve something?
What are the three things you expect from an MBA program?
Why are some aspects of the Foster school that appeal to you?

The total interview time was about 38 minutes. I asked a few questions in the last 10 mins, that was the first time in the whole interview I heard the interviewer speak for more than 5 seconds.

My interview was far from perfect, though. I managed to answer most questions to my satisfaction - but i completely lost my train of thought in one answer - I apologized and started over again. And one of my phones started ringing in the middle of my interview (I didn't know how this could have happened, I specifically turned on silent mode). Anyhow, I turned that off and apologized for that as well. It was late in the night and I wasn't expecting a call.

My profile : Indian/ 690/ 5 years (3 years in sales/consumer facing roles, 2 years in Tech Product Management)

Good luck to everyone here waiting for the decision on March 30th. Hopefully we all hear some good news!

Hey Slashwin!

I had a similar interview experience! To make things worse, I couldn't see the video of the interviewer due a bandwidth problem at her end! It was awkward and she was sick that night and kept shooting questions!

Good luck anyway!

Best
KK
Foster Thread Master

Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 09:45
COYS wrote:
hinikap84 wrote:
Hi Slashwin,

Best
Jgd!

are you sure about march 15? it looked like only a few people heard around that time last year but the majority found out a couple days before march 30...

This year, the results were announced only a few days before the decision deadlines in the earlier rounds!

Best
KK
Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2014, 09:45