Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Accounting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.25
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Foster vs Tepper [#permalink]
CO86 wrote:
Financially - Admitted to both with no scholarship. However Foster is about 30K less than Tepper with little difference in starting salaries bonuses etc. ~110K at Tepper vs. ~106K at Foster.

Industry - I'm interested in tech/digital media – product management or strategy role and both programs place well into the industry and have strong alumni networks.

Academically - I like the leadership development initiatives and the QA focus at Tepper and think it has a slight edge from an academics perspective. However, I think the entrepreneurship curriculum at Foster is a huge strength along with its marketing.

Misc - Lots of quality of life considerations as I'm married and my wife and I are very outdoor oriented and love skiing etc. Additionally her job prospects in Seattle will be better than in Pittsburgh. Also, higher average age at Foster and more married couples (as a % of the class).

Concerns – I love the Pacific NW but if I want to be more mobile in the future is Tepper the better choice because of the network outside of the NW? Is that worth 30K extra dollars? Also I would like to end up in Seattle immediately following my degree so I feel like being in the city and building a network for two years would be invaluable compared to trying to transplant from Pittsburgh.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Foster. I can see the school be top 15 in the US in the coming 5 years
- Job opportunities for you and for your wife. Seattle is home for T-Mobile, Nordstorm, Expedia, Starbucks, Amazon, Costco, Microsoft, Boeing, Nintendo. And has offices for AT&T, Google, FB, Apple and twitter
- There are a lot of young talented professionals in the city. This creates a great environment for start-ups.
- There are so many networking opportunities and events. New Tech Seattle and YPOS are two very active networking organizers
- Hiking trails and ski slopes are 30 minutes drive from the city
- Great seasonal weather
- Multicultural city
- Best sports teams. Sounders and Seahawks

Finally, I want to say Family comes first. Your wife will have to start a new life in a new place. A move is not something easy as you get older, especially if you are in late 20s or 30s. So you want to make this move as smooth as you can. Otherwise this will really impact your mba studies and your family

I love Seattle. I would stay and apply to Foster if it had a strong brand name outside US
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Accounting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Re: Foster vs Tepper [#permalink]
Thanks for input everyone. Still on the fence, but it's helpful to hear some other perspectives! I do think it's going to boil down to figuring out what the top priorities are for me and my family both short and long term.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Foster vs Tepper [#permalink]
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts