Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 00:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Found these on mygretutor : Very good for practice (GMAT and

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Found these on mygretutor : Very good for practice (GMAT and [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2007, 18:02
Found these on mygretutor : Very good for practice (GMAT and GRE overlap significantly).

1)
Column A

A box contains 32 short pencils and 12 long pencils. The probability of picking 2 pencils, the first of which is short and the second one is long.

Column B

30%

-I got (32/44)*(12/43) which is greater than 30%.

2)
2x + 4y = 16
3x + 6y = 30
Column A

|x|

Column B

|y|

-I believe there is a mistake here. The first equation is the second equation divided by 3/2, but the numbers don't match on the right-hand side.

3) Column A

A vegetarian sandwich shop has a choice of 4 different sandwich toppings. The number of different types of sandwiches that can be made if at least one topping has to be used and each topping cannot be used more than once.

Column B

- I got 15, by adding 4 C 1 + 4 C 2 + 4 C 3 + 4 C 4 (where 4 C y stands for combination). But they say that's wrong.

I'm very worried about these questions. i would very much appreciate the help.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2007, 18:05
I have no idea what you're asking, and what column A is and what column B is, and where the questions are. Try posting it as a word document attachement.
  [#permalink] 19 Aug 2007, 18:05