Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 08:44

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Four times into GMAT and still max score 600

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q43 V24
GMAT 2: 600 Q46 V27
GPA: 3.48
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Four times into GMAT and still max score 600 [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 00:20
Hi Gurus

It is good that GMAT scores are not averaged :)

Actually I am looking for a serious guidance here - if any one can help.

I had 4 shots at GMAT till date but haven't scored more than 600 :( Scores are - 560, 600, 490 and 550.

Indian / male / IT techie by background can manage recos from Sr. Exec.

GPA score is 3.1 on 4.

Lots of extra curricular and Social responsibility programs to boast about but never had them written down (as i think if you do a social responsibility - you do not do it to secure admission to a good school, you do it because you like to do it) - is this right?

This is April month, by the time I would take admission I would have had 4 years of work exp in a reputed US based MNC and 1 year in German based automobile Company (IT consulting for the same)

Can any one help me which schools are within my reach? I have read about posts which states how to manage a better Grad school without a good GMAT score. I want to pursue my MBA in Operations Management, specialized in Supply Chain Management - This is the area of consulting my current work profile deals with.

I believe that there are schools out there which are best and which are good / well-to-do. How do I assure myself that if I get admitted into a good / well-to-do school I must make the most out of it.

Many thanks in advance !

Regards
Parijat
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 388 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Four times into GMAT and still max score 600 [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 04:12
Michigan State is a top Supply Chain school and could be within your reach:

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... s-rankings

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Four times into GMAT and still max score 600 [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 07:27
Also keep in mind when you select the school of choice

MSU Broad avg. gmat 640
Penn State (Smeal) avg. gmat 650
Purdue (Krannert) avg. gmat 660
Babson College (Olin) avg. gmat 624
Iowa (Tippie) avg. gmat 650

Like was mentione Broad has a great program that has lower admission requirements than other top schools for supply chain. Penn state and Purdue have good supply chain programs especially with the ability to take electives from other departments which they are top 15-20 in those areas.

Babson and Iowa and good schools with decent all around programs.

All schools above have decent average starting salaries which is important to consider before taking on significant loans.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 16

Re: Four times into GMAT and still max score 600 [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 12:36
Check out the University of Tennessee - Knoxville, too. The average and median GMAT score for the incoming class is 600.
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Four times into GMAT and still max score 600 [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 12:30
pskharche wrote:
Hi Gurus

It is good that GMAT scores are not averaged :)

Actually I am looking for a serious guidance here - if any one can help.

I had 4 shots at GMAT till date but haven't scored more than 600 :( Scores are - 560, 600, 490 and 550.

Indian / male / IT techie by background can manage recos from Sr. Exec.

GPA score is 3.1 on 4.

Lots of extra curricular and Social responsibility programs to boast about but never had them written down (as i think if you do a social responsibility - you do not do it to secure admission to a good school, you do it because you like to do it) - is this right?

This is April month, by the time I would take admission I would have had 4 years of work exp in a reputed US based MNC and 1 year in German based automobile Company (IT consulting for the same)

Can any one help me which schools are within my reach? I have read about posts which states how to manage a better Grad school without a good GMAT score. I want to pursue my MBA in Operations Management, specialized in Supply Chain Management - This is the area of consulting my current work profile deals with.

I believe that there are schools out there which are best and which are good / well-to-do. How do I assure myself that if I get admitted into a good / well-to-do school I must make the most out of it.

Many thanks in advance !

Regards
Parijat

Hello,

Since you have already taken GMAT four times, i believe now you can work on your rest of application.

Do not loose your heart, give your best to prepare your story and i believe you would be a good fit for the schools suggested on this thread.

You have not mentioned your splits - but you can surely defend your low gmat with supporting strengths, there are ways to do the same in your app - essays and reco.

Good Luck

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Re: Four times into GMAT and still max score 600   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2012, 12:30