Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 04:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fourth Attempt - GMAT 620 (Q44, V31)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 3

Fourth Attempt - GMAT 620 (Q44, V31) [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 04:06
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

I gave my GMAT on 19th June, and scored a 620 (Q44, V31). I seriously don't know if i should be happy or sad, since this was my fourth attempt. The history of my earlier scores is as follows.

First Attempt : 470 (don't remember the break up)
Second Attempt: 570
Third Attempt: 570
Fourth Attempt: 620 (Q44, V31)

I was averaging 650-680 in all my practice tests, and so i was expecting at least a 650. I felt happy in one way, cause i was struggling even to cross 600 and a lot of schools require a minimum 600 score. But also, I know a 620 score is not something to be proud of and I am still on border line. I have read alot of blogs and forum , and everyone says that retake the GMAT, and score around 650's. However, I am not sure if a 5th attempt would be a good idea?

Please advice me on the following:

1. Should i give a 5th attempt? Will it impact the way schools evaluate my profile?

2. My Profile is : 4.5 years work experience in consulting field. GPA 3.3. Masters in Accountancy.
I am aiming for schools like NUS, Warwick, HKU, Nanyang and Imperial college. What are my chances?

3. If I am not eligible for the above schools. Can someone please recommend me some universities, which i can apply to with the above gmat score.

Kindly help me out, I am really confused and feeling helpless. I don't want to retake GMAT, at the same time, I want to get into any top 50 universities.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V29
GPA: 2.4
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 38

Re: Fourth Attempt - GMAT 620 (Q44, V31) [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2013, 06:30
gmat66 wrote:
Hi,

I gave my GMAT on 19th June, and scored a 620 (Q44, V31). I seriously don't know if i should be happy or sad, since this was my fourth attempt. The history of my earlier scores is as follows.

First Attempt : 470 (don't remember the break up)
Second Attempt: 570
Third Attempt: 570
Fourth Attempt: 620 (Q44, V31)

I was averaging 650-680 in all my practice tests, and so i was expecting at least a 650. I felt happy in one way, cause i was struggling even to cross 600 and a lot of schools require a minimum 600 score. But also, I know a 620 score is not something to be proud of and I am still on border line. I have read alot of blogs and forum , and everyone says that retake the GMAT, and score around 650's. However, I am not sure if a 5th attempt would be a good idea?

Please advice me on the following:

1. Should i give a 5th attempt? Will it impact the way schools evaluate my profile?

2. My Profile is : 4.5 years work experience in consulting field. GPA 3.3. Masters in Accountancy.
I am aiming for schools like NUS, Warwick, HKU, Nanyang and Imperial college. What are my chances?

3. If I am not eligible for the above schools. Can someone please recommend me some universities, which i can apply to with the above gmat score.

Kindly help me out, I am really confused and feeling helpless. I don't want to retake GMAT, at the same time, I want to get into any top 50 universities.

for the colleges, I suggest getting ur profile reviewed..some UK colleges offer the same and u will get an idea of where u stand.. I remember I sent my profile review to CASS and they told me I wont make past round two :(

but things have changed since then..

Anyways U have come a long way my friend with a improvement of 150 in ur score.. don't loose hope..talk to colleges and see what they way..

All men dream - but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Fourth Attempt - GMAT 620 (Q44, V31) [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2013, 06:45
Thanks for both the reply. I am in a very confused state at present, and what I see is that everyone is saying different things. Some people say I don't stand a chance in my dream universities and some say I do. So I guess the best thing is to go to each university and talk to them to understand better.

But I would really like to hear stories of people who have got in good colleges with a 620 score. If nothing, it gives me some hope.

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V29
GPA: 2.4
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 38

Re: Fourth Attempt - GMAT 620 (Q44, V31) [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2013, 07:21
gmat66 wrote:
Thanks for both the reply. I am in a very confused state at present, and what I see is that everyone is saying different things. Some people say I don't stand a chance in my dream universities and some say I do. So I guess the best thing is to go to each university and talk to them to understand better.

But I would really like to hear stories of people who have got in good colleges with a 620 score. If nothing, it gives me some hope.

Thank you.

See the thing is U have a good enough GPA to compensate for ur average score.. talk to colleges and see how ur profile fits in.. every college is unique and they look for uniqueness in ur resume.. lay emphasis on ur strong point..

check these two out :
http://gmatclub.com/forum/regarding-college-accepting-low-gmat-score-88062.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/profiles-admitted-to-top-b-schools-w-low-gmat-or-low-gpa-73999-40.html

don't worry.. have confidence and never loose hope

All men dream - but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Re: Fourth Attempt - GMAT 620 (Q44, V31)   [#permalink] 22 Jun 2013, 07:21