Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 14:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Freaking out. Poor stamina

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Freaking out. Poor stamina [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2007, 10:42
My real GMAT was a 610.
Then, took kaplan prep course.

Kaplan diagnostic 660 took a long break 1/2 way through verbal section.
Kaplan CAT 1 660 Took a break halfway through the verbal section
Kaplan cat 2 590 took the whole test straight
Kaplan cat 3 570 took the whole test straight

My test is in one week, I'm freaking out because my test scores are getting lower. If I got a good long break between every 20 problems, I'd likely score a 720, but this test of stamina is killing me. My ADD kicks in on the verbal sections. Fatigue throws all of my knowledge out the window.

I'm shooting for a 650+.
With essays thrown in, I feel I'm going to perform poorly.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2007, 20:11
Well, did you request for additional time for the real test day because of your ADD? I think you should. Of course, now probably is too late if you have not already done so.

Another advice would be practice, practice, and more practice.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 15:30
eileen1017 wrote:
Well, did you request for additional time for the real test day because of your ADD? I think you should. Of course, now probably is too late if you have not already done so.

Another advice would be practice, practice, and more practice.

excellent advice. If you are diagnosed with ADD, you do get time added. Check on this ASAP.

Also, even in your CAT home testing, go through the motions. go to the bathroom, splash some water on your face, have a quick soda or snack. and just leave the computer. do some stretching.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 17:12
Yeah, you probably should request an accommodation, see if it's not too late. If it is, see if you can reschedule and then go for the accommodation.

Stop taking the Kaplan tests. Those scores are way off and they're a real confidence killer. Take the GMATPrep tests instead!!
VP
VP
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 18:35
CrazyHorse wrote:
Yeah, you probably should request an accommodation, see if it's not too late. If it is, see if you can reschedule and then go for the accommodation.

Stop taking the Kaplan tests. Those scores are way off and they're a real confidence killer. Take the GMATPrep tests instead!!

Completely agree with CrazyHorse. Quit taking Kaplan tests as they highly underestimate your true abilities. Take a GMATPrep and/or Powerprep.
Manager
Manager

ADD [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 23:40
One of the main reasons I have some ADD issues is that with enough ttime, I will score a 720 on the gmat practice exams. With the standard time, I usually score a 610. That's a huge discrepancy just because of time. I wonder if it is because I dont know the material well enough to do them fast or I am one of the cases where a little extra time will go a long way for me. In any case, I will take the GMAT next Saturday. I've drilled this monster for 6 months. I got a 610 the first time around. If I can get a 650+ I"ll call it quits.

To tell you the truth, I get distracted and start thinking about other stuff during my tests quite often. I think about stupid stuff like the HOT chic I just saw moments ago, or I catch myself more focused on concentration than on the questions. If anyone seen the movie Momento, I suffer similar events as this guy. My mind performs as a 700 level in spurts, but my tendency to space out hurts me quite a bit. Are accomodations hard to get approved? If not, how much money does it take. I don't mean to be a head case, but I've been seeing a doctor for Anxiety/ADD for 10 years.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: ADD [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 06:22
RycherX wrote:
One of the main reasons I have some ADD issues is that with enough ttime, I will score a 720 on the gmat practice exams. With the standard time, I usually score a 610. That's a huge discrepancy just because of time. I wonder if it is because I dont know the material well enough to do them fast or I am one of the cases where a little extra time will go a long way for me. In any case, I will take the GMAT next Saturday. I've drilled this monster for 6 months. I got a 610 the first time around. If I can get a 650+ I"ll call it quits.

To tell you the truth, I get distracted and start thinking about other stuff during my tests quite often. I think about stupid stuff like the HOT chic I just saw moments ago, or I catch myself more focused on concentration than on the questions. If anyone seen the movie Momento, I suffer similar events as this guy. My mind performs as a 700 level in spurts, but my tendency to space out hurts me quite a bit. Are accomodations hard to get approved? If not, how much money does it take. I don't mean to be a head case, but I've been seeing a doctor for Anxiety/ADD for 10 years.

I don't think it is hard to get approved. But it does take about 8 weeks to get approved. So if you really want to try to get doctor to help you, you need to reschedule your exam.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

on ADD [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2007, 01:58
Given your circumstances,I think your performance so far is nothing short of inspiring.But,that whatever considerations that are needed for your condition.I am very sure everything would turn out well.Good luck.

Just my thoughts.
Manager
Manager

exam is Saturday [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2007, 07:40
I am going to take full length practice exams with essays
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday

rest Friday and go through all of my flashcards
and take the ACTUAL exam Saturday
I'm going for 650+

------------------------------------------
If I completely bomb it, I'll go for the special accomodations.

Last edited by RycherX on 14 Aug 2007, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: exam is Saturday [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2007, 12:07
RycherX wrote:
I am going to take full length practice exams with essays
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday

rest Friday and go through all of my flashcards
and take the exam Saturday
I'm going for 650+

------------------------------------------
If I completely bomb it, I'll go for the special accomodations.

Took Kalpan CAT 6 and got a 610 q40v32
Going for CAT 7 today with essays. I will give update.
The last two days will be GMAT prep.
Manager
Manager

got another 610 [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2007, 21:43
damn. Kaplan CAT 7
Another 610 q38v34. This time, I wrote two essays. Chugged a cup of coffee between quant and verbal section. Tomorrow, I'm doing GMAT PREP1 with essays.
Manager
Manager

totally screwed [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 20:15
I took my GMATPREP exam and got a 620.
My exam is this Saturday. .Nothing I can do now except to just stay positive.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2007, 21:23
I have ADD and I looked into getting accomodations..the thing is it would have cost me close to $2000 to get the necessary documentation for ETS. I was not about to pay that. Insurance won't cover the preparation of the materials for that reason since it's not necessary as part of treating ADHD..it all comes out of pocket. I got a 690 on the test ..I am not sure how much higher my score would have been with accodations but I am guessing not much higher..probably 20-30 points..it may have given me more scholarship money but it's hard to say whether or not it would have been worth it:(
  [#permalink] 19 Aug 2007, 21:23