Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
5 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2159

Kudos [?]: 7589 [5] , given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2011, 22:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until January 10th. Get them while you can!

Kaplan has another amazing promotion in conjunction with Electronic Book Concept. Until January 10th, many of the Kaplan GMAT books are FREE if you purchase them on the "Nook", Apple (iPhone, iPod, iPad), or Sony ereader platforms. These are solid performers and I studied using 2 of them (the 2 workbooks) and highly recommend them at this price ;)

Free books include (verified on Barnes & Noble through Nook)
1. Kaplan Portable GMAT (intro to GMAT)
2. Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook - Great!!!
3. Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook - Great!!!
4. Kaplan GRE & GMAT Writing Workbook
5. Kaplan 101 GMAT Verbal Practice
6. There are a total of 130+ books that are available for free including GRE and others - grab them!

To get started visit: http://www.freekaplanebooks.com/

Attachment:
kaplan free books extended.jpg
kaplan free books extended.jpg [ 34.68 KiB | Viewed 26761 times ]

Quote:

Over 130 Free eBooks from Kaplan to Kick Off the New Year

NEW YORK, Jan. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- To help the multitude of new owners with eBook reading devices, Kaplan Publishing is offering more than 130 Free eBooks in a promotion that runs from January 4 -10th. Owners of the Nook, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Sony eReader can find select Kaplan titles absolutely free by visiting: http://www.FreeKaplaneBooks.com.

Starting today, high school students; college students; those wanting GRE, GMAT or SAT practice tests; future doctors, lawyers, MBA's and nurses and many more will find a variety of valuable Kaplan test prep guides, practice tests, practice questions, study aids, and related titles that would normally cost hundreds of dollars for free.

"In August we witnessed over 500,000 free eBook downloads in an exclusive two week promotion that was hugely successful in helping our students leverage their mobile devices to fit new opportunities to learn into their busy days," said Maureen McMahon, President and Publisher of Kaplan Publishing. "Helping students of all ages reach their education goals is always our top priority and as they utilize new technology, Kaplan will be there with the best tools and content in both print and digital formats."

Popular titles include several of The Cleveland Clinic consumer health guides, First Year Nurse, Getting Into Graduate School, Reaching the Bar, The Pressures of Teaching, Sharp Grammar, the MBA Fundamentals series and many more. Test prep study aids in the promotion cover standardized exams such as: GMAT, GRE, AP, ACT, SAT, MCAT, NCLEX, and the USMLE. These titles represent a significant one-time savings for students getting ready to prepare for college entrance exams, qualify for advanced certifications, and improve their understanding over a range of academic subjects.

New Year, New Possibilities epitomizes the exciting potential as a new group of students and adult learners kick-off the New Year using their new e-Reading devices.

About Kaplan Publishing

Kaplan Publishing is one of the nation's leading publishers of academic and professional development resources. Kaplan Publishing offers proven test preparation and admissions strategies for students everywhere, as well as practical advice, thought-provoking insights, and inspiring stories for the general reader. Kaplan Publishing is a unit of Kaplan, Inc., a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO). http://www.kaplanpublishing.com

Contact: Tim Brazier, tim.brazier@kaplan.com, +1-212-618-2432

SOURCE Kaplan Publishing

RELATED LINKS
http://www.kaplanpublishing.com

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 7589 [0], given: 3623

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 10:27
Expert's post
hemantofkanpur wrote:
Hi
My question is directed to mr. andrew mitchell from kaplan,in particular and everyone in general.I am in India.Can people in India download these books?

If not,is it legal and ethical,that I make a USA account for one of the listed devices and then download the books.Pls do answer.

Regards
Hemant Agarwal

A good rule to follow in life is: if you have a doubt - don't do it. So I would suggest that you don't.
I'd suggest we stay on topic while these are still available for the next 3 days

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 11:47
This post received
KUDOS
FYI The deadline was extended to Jan. 17th.

Reward wisdom with kudos. ;)

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 13:46
Expert's post
gottabwise wrote:
FYI The deadline was extended to Jan. 17th.

And it looks like they added kindle now too! That's great.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 19:58
You can also download them to Blackberry devices through Amazon's kindle app for Blackberry.

Btw, here is the link to GMAT 101 Verbal Practices. http://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-Verbal-Pra ... 662&sr=1-1
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2011, 03:23
Hi,

Thank you for such a useful post. I had already given +1 earlier. Bb has recommemded Verbal and Quant workbooks. Are there any reviews for Kaplan 101 GMAT Verbal Practice Questions? Is it recommended to get this one?

TIA
Jaggy

Consider +1 Kudos if you find my post useful. Even otherwise :D
Please feel free to point out any errors in whatever I post.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2011, 16:49
I couldn't change my iPad account to the US, but I have a sony e-reader and Kindle for iPad, so I am downloading. With Sony e-reader you can read books not only on e-reader, but also on the computer, on the dedicated software "Reader library". When I registered in sony e-Reader bookstore http://ebookstore.sony.com/ , I had to register in the US or Canada, but they don't ask for a credit card registered there as iPad did, so no problem, even if I don't live in the US.

For the person who asked about ethical issues: I don't suffer from any remorse. Legally there is no issue, be cool. Kaplan rep here in the same thread above said he wants everyone in every country be able to download it
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 7589 [1] , given: 3623

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2011, 17:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Also to add, the Amazon Kindle seems to offer as many options for reading platforms: iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Computer, iPad, and a slew of other Tablets, and pretty much anything electronic.

More details about the Kindle Platform here: Free Kindle Software

Attachment:
kindle.gif
kindle.gif [ 42.9 KiB | Viewed 13703 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2011, 17:19
This post received
KUDOS
Ok, free sony ereader download: http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/
They also promise an app for iPhone and Android in January.
You can download books and read them on your computer with this software, and then copy them to Ebook if you want. As I understand you can also copy them to iPhone and Android, once they have apps.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2011, 17:26
Thanks, Kaplan, I have downloaded a hundred something books on sony ereader and seventy something on kindle. Call me greedy.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2011, 00:53
Hi,

Can somebody please mail me the downloaded collection of all kaplan gmat prep. books as i am unable to download them.I registered my credit card but it says that the billing address must be of United states but i reside in india. BB plz put some light as to how i can download these ebooks.

THNX in advance
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2011, 16:21
Expert's post
It is all in this thread :)
There is a technical limitation for people to download outside of the US. You need to register a us account. If you don't have a US-based account, you can't download the books.

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 05:07
thanks for this post BB :)
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 22:35
Expert's post
LAST DAY TO GET THESE FOR FREE!

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 23:34
I have a kindle but not an US account can anyone share the link to download these free ebooks..thanks !!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Free Kaplan GMAT e-Books until Jan 10th [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 23:43
Expert's post
They were only available till Jan 10th; today is Jan 24.

They were only available till Jan 10th 2011, today is Jan 24 2012.

Founder of GMAT Club