Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 16:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 11

Premium Member
Re: Free Essay review service for the first time - only 5 people [#permalink] New post 06 May 2012, 22:44
santu71182 wrote:
Hello Oasis,

I read your feedback to some of the students. I feel you are doing justice to each request by carefully evaluating the profiles. Kudos to you.

I am in the phase of introspection of is an MBA now? which college? etc. etc.

I will send out my profile details to you. Requesting you to kindly help me in explore more on my profile from the perspectives of an adcom.

Meanwhile you can view my profile as posted on GC earlier, at:
profile-evaluation-request-suggest-suitable-b-school-130218.html#p1069960

I would welcome any comments on selecting the right school, shaping up my profile, and any other point which helps me put forth a solid application in front of any adcom.

Regards
Santosh

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your words !! I will be glad to help you.

Two points :

1) I have gone through your profile at the link posted by you, however i would suggest if you could just help me with the document (app360 - attached in the first post of BB at this thread), because details of your profile will help me to give you detailed and personalized feedback.

2) I would also suggest that send me every possible question that you have in your mind for your application.

Thanks

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Free Essay review service for the first time - only 5 people [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 23:35
Hi Oasis,

I gave my gmat day before yesterday and scored 740(50,39).I may be late, but is it possible for you to do a quick eval of my profile??

Thanks in advance
Bhupesh

Premium Member
Re: Free Essay review service for the first time - only 5 people [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 01:15
bbharuka wrote:
Hi Oasis,

I gave my gmat day before yesterday and scored 740(50,39).I may be late, but is it possible for you to do a quick eval of my profile??

Thanks in advance
Bhupesh

Hello,

Thanks for writing to us.

Sure, will be glad to help you in your journey to MBA.

You can PM me your profile as per the details given below, or you can post the details on peer review thread.

I would request you to give below mentioned details to help me help you

Age, Demographic Profile
Academics - year, stream, GPA (Bachelors + Masters)
Short term and long term goal for MBA
Your work ex - four to five lines on what you are doing
Region you want to settle post MBA
Any target schools

Any other Question that concerns you

Thanks

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: Free Essay review service for the first time - only 5 people [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2012, 00:17
Hi OasisGC,

how do I seek your opinion? I am currently waitlisted at some schools. Is it possible for you to do an eval of my essays and suggest strategies to get off the waitlist?

Thanks

Premium Member
Re: Free Essay review service for the first time - only 5 people [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2012, 03:50
someone79 wrote:
Hi OasisGC,

how do I seek your opinion? I am currently waitlisted at some schools. Is it possible for you to do an eval of my essays and suggest strategies to get off the waitlist?

Thanks

Hello,

Happy to help

I have replied to you PM

Thanks

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2012, 13:08
I want to thank again OasisGC for his help. It's not just an essay review, it's more like an overall feedback of the profile, application, essays, etc. Now that I corrected my essay with his helpful suggestions I sent him the next version of it!
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB, IMD, INSEAD
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 4

Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 01:26
Hi Oasis!

Thanks a lot for helping all of us. I would like you to evaluate my profile if possible. I shall PM you the details.

Best,

Ramya
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 60

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 06:18
Hi OasisGC,

I sent my profile via PM to you. Can you please evaluate it?
Thank you

Premium Member
Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 14:19
icaniwill wrote:
Hi OasisGC,

I sent my profile via PM to you. Can you please evaluate it?
Thank you

Done now, Please check your PM now.

Hope the same helps you

Thanks

Premium Member
Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 14:20
alfrep wrote:
I want to thank again OasisGC for his help. It's not just an essay review, it's more like an overall feedback of the profile, application, essays, etc. Now that I corrected my essay with his helpful suggestions I sent him the next version of it!

Thanks alfrep.

Always happy to help.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 19:45
Hi Oasis,

I will be giving my GMAT exam in August this year.Is it possible for you to do an evaluation of my profile so that i can improve in the areas required??

Thanks in advance
Debkumar

Premium Member
Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 20:26
Hello,

Below mentioned are the details that will help me in giving a detailed response to your profile

These details will help me in giving you:
a) A thorough and meaningful analysis of your profile
b) A concrete direction for improving your profile during the remaining time period

1) Basic demographic info: age, gender, nationality

2) Educational Background: undergrad major, GPA, GMAT score, any grad work you've done. Any special courses taken.

3) Work experience: what is your current role? Have you had any promotions? What industry do you work in? For how long have you worked? Have you had leadership experience ? Have you worked across countries/regions ?

4) Extracurriculars: do you participate in any extra-curricular activities? What is your role there? For how long have you been involved? Did you have any leadership role at EC ?

5) Short/Long term goals: what do you want to do after your MBA? Any geographic preferences? Any preference on two year or one year MBA ?

6) Schools: Which schools have you considered already? Any on your initial short list?

Thanks

Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Marketing (Other)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 11:23
This is a fabulous initiative. You'll definitely be hearing from me.

Kidchaos

http://www.laptopskinvault.com

Follow The Laptop Skin Vault on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLaptopSkinVault
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LaptopSkinVault

Consider Kudos if you think the Post is good
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to change. It's not. - Dr. Seuss

Premium Member
Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2012, 04:34
kidchaos wrote:
This is a fabulous initiative. You'll definitely be hearing from me.

Hello,

Will be glad to help you, I can see your valuable contribution to GC.

Thanks

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2012, 23:54
I have submitted my profile via PM to you. Have not included the essays (not prepared)
Can you plz suggest me the level and ranking of colleges that i might be able to apply to, given my exp. and all.
thank you in advanc.

Premium Member
Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 05:36
vinc wrote:
I have submitted my profile via PM to you. Have not included the essays (not prepared)
Can you plz suggest me the level and ranking of colleges that i might be able to apply to, given my exp. and all.
thank you in advanc.

Hello

I have replied to your PM.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 05:39
Thank u! Your feedback made me realize the nuances i missed ;) ..
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 19:07
Hi. I am yet to apply to B-school but I would need advice on how best to package my application. A summary of my profile is below:

UGPA of 2.8-3.0 on a 4 point scale (My actual is 3.48 on a 5.0 scale)
Undergrad Major: Chemical Engineering
GMAT 700-780 (Yet to take the test but I should be able to ace it easily)
TOEFL iBT: 104
WE:1.5 yrs in Project Management at a Construction firm
1 yr as a high school teacher (mandatory national service)
7 months as an Account Executive (Strategic Planning & Implementation) at a Media company
Now 2 months at a Fortune 100 FMCG as a Field Sales Manager
EC: A whole lot of leadership and volunteer activities pre and post graduation, a prestigious undergrad scholarship (Exxon to be precise)
Ethnic status: Under-represented Minority

I intend applying for fall 2014 session and I've started my preparations. I'm looking at Smith, Goizuetta, Ross and Kellog and I'm hoping I get a scholarship. I'm thinking of taking a professional certificate course in Strategic Management (made up of five courses) at Havard Extension for two reasons. The first is to expand my knowledge base in the field and secondly to serve as a boost to my application.

My questions are below:
1. Do you advise I go ahead with the HES course or are there other programs that will give me a better deal?
2. What impact do you think this would have on my B-school application?
3. Do I apply in R1, R2 or R3? I'm considering R2.
4. How do you rate my profile? What other schools do you think I should consider?

Your thoughts are highly welcomed.
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2012, 09:05
I just want to thank OasisGC for reviewing 2 of my essays. Oasis was VERY thorough when going through my essays and gave me some key advice on things that I had not even thought about. He goes through and basically inserts comments/advice on each part of your essay.

Highly recommended and I will definitely be asking for 2 more essay reviews if he will take them :lol:

Premium Member
Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2012, 15:19
bryk wrote:
I just want to thank OasisGC for reviewing 2 of my essays. Oasis was VERY thorough when going through my essays and gave me some key advice on things that I had not even thought about. He goes through and basically inserts comments/advice on each part of your essay.

Highly recommended and I will definitely be asking for 2 more essay reviews if he will take them :lol:

Hello,

Thanks very much for you words, I am glad that my review helped you

I would be more than happy to help anytime. You can surely send the essays once you are through with the same.

Thanks

Re: Free Profile/Essay Review Service - Free   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2012, 15:19