Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

from 410 to 380

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 22:41
I give up my job and stay home for 2 weeks to prepare for Gmat. I got 380

I studied 5 months after I got 410. I strived to get 550, I thought I would got the same score, however I am wrong, not better but worse than ever... I almost want to cry after take it...

The center is very noisy and unsettling in our city... When I am doing the test I always thought someone else is laughing at me or trying to distract me.. Then I am trying to focus on the question, the more focus the more I lost myself....

I don't know what to do, I mean I say whatever I want to say in AWA, but Quant and Verbal, I can't make mistake....

After I finished the test, I scramed... I would retake the exam, but I am losing my confidence.... That's very important to me right now...
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 01:15
Try again coz 380 is too low score.
good luck
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V29
GPA: 2.4
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 38

Re: from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 06:22
If I were you, I will take a break..read some books (check some suggestions for a MBA grad on this site) and come back in a better frame of mind..I will set myself a target and until I get it I won't schedule a GMAT..

Also you may have asked for earphones and if required you can report your testing center conditions to GMAC.

All men dream - but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Intern
Intern

Re: from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 06:31
Thank you, I guess you are right. my ability isn't at 380. I got 530 in manhanten when I was in a unsettling place.

I hate gmat... Many people want me to quit, But I always tell myself, it doesn't matter, may be next time. Next time is score is even more striking than I thought would be....

I want to ask you, if you didn't get your ideal score would you try again and again and again, no matter what others say????

sunneysood wrote:
If I were you, I will take a break..read some books (check some suggestions for a MBA grad on this site) and come back in a better frame of mind..I will set myself a target and until I get it I won't schedule a GMAT..

Also you may have asked for earphones and if required you can report your testing center conditions to GMAC.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton '15, CBS '15
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 10

Re: from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 06:53
While this is a very low score I would suggest you to not give up. It seems like you are not a native speaker. I would suggest that you spend some time just reading books written in english. This will go a long way with your comprehension. Another thing I would suggest is that you focus on your math... math is simpler to correct. Spend some time and get the basics. Once you have an understanding of the basics you can then build on them.

Last... a few weeks away from studying might be a good thing. It seems as though you may have a serious case of anxiety. This alone can ruin your score.

Reward wisdom with kudos

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 5

Re: from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 06:55
tuyingjie2012,

You have the right attitude in terms of perseverance but you also need to remember to study smart. Ensure that you are reviewing why you got questions wrong and use an error log to track your mistakes so that you can learn from them.

Regarding Quant, your score suggests that you need to do basic review of all you high school math. Take some time to practice arithmetic, algebra and geometry basics to get yourself ready. Don't rush off to completing practice tests until you feel that you are answering practice problems correctly.

Also, use every book/resource you can because with your score, doing as many practice questions as possible is important. Kaplan/Princeton Review and even Barron's/ARCO will get you in the right mindset even if they don't reflect the exact formula for a question on the real GMAT. Finally, do English reading on The Economist, Wall Street Journal, NY Times and BBC. You will need to be a good reader to do anything on the Verbal section.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager

Re: from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 03:28
Quote:
tuyingjie2012 wrote:
Thank you, I guess you are right. my ability isn't at 380. I got 530 in manhanten when I was in a unsettling place.

I hate gmat... Many people want me to quit, But I always tell myself, it doesn't matter, may be next time. Next time is score is even more striking than I thought would be....

I want to ask you, if you didn't get your ideal score would you try again and again and again, no matter what others say????

sunneysood wrote:

Firstly I don't care what anyones says..but thats the way i have build up..

For you I found this
Quote:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/books-to-read-improve-verbal-score-and-enjoy-a-good-read-76079.html

I suggest u spend next 1-2 months working through this fiction list..will get u in right mindset and they u can decide which way u want to go..

also don't forget to comeback and update the status :)

All men dream - but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Intern
Intern

Re: from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 05:11
Thank you guys.

You guys all look through my approach to GMAT...

GMAC concept will be destroyed in China... Because all the chinese people have kind of weird sense of understanding what is true around them...Well, this is hard to explain..For I know chinese's logic is very poor...and I am one of them, I feel shame.. But I can't say this to people, because they will kill me...

What you guys talking about is absolutely true for me right now, and I already done this before I saw your guys posts, and thank you for some additional information that I don't know like, error log or some verbal tips.

Anyway, I think I failed last time is truly representing my true ability, this time I will change another approach to do this gmat stuff. Wish me good luck and good luck you guys on your gmat test day..
Intern
Intern

Re: from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 05:53
I want to ask you guys a question, since I have used the all the prep 1 and 2 to estimate my ability, and manhanten free CAT, are there anything else I can use to evaluate my ability???

Right now I sort of using out all of the GMAT materials... how to evaluate my true ability so that I could 100% percent sure that I will get the same score in the real gmat test center???
Manager
Manager

Re: from 410 to 380 [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2011, 02:10
Hmm..I would say that you can use the GMAT PREP software and reset it again. Also its not the no of questions but how or what you learn from each question..

Also since you are a non native..I suggest taking TOEFL or IELTS before u take GMAT again..Its will provide u with better understanding of basic English required for GMAT..Also since these two are easier, it would help in confidence building too..

Re: from 410 to 380   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2011, 02:10