Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 16:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

From 590 to 670...to...?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

From 590 to 670...to...? [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2010, 15:55
I took the GMAT 2 years ago and scored a blistering 590. This score was definitely a fluke, because at that point in my life I had numerous things occurring (wife enduring chemo, new baby, sinus infection). I've been living the past two years with the psychological effects of that dang test. In my practice tests, I was scoring in the 730-740 range, but I couldn't make it happen on the real thing.

...fast forward two years to the present day. I took the GMAT yesterday and scored a lame 670. I had studied for 2 months and my practice tests were ranging in the 730-740 range yet again. When I went into the test, I was rattled...BIG TIME. Partially because of the lasting effects of my first failure...and partially because I really, really wanted to do well. As I progressed through the test, I felt that I nailed the AWA section...I bombed the quant section...and I felt that I did well on the verbal section. Overall my score was 44 quant 38 verbal....with the aforementioned 670.

I'm ticked. Irritated. Motivated. I want to score a 700+ so that I can get into a top PhD program. I know that I can accomplish this goal...and after my most recent failure I feel that I have the motivation necessary to make this goal happen.

The materials that I've used are as follows:

- Kaplan Premier
- Princeton Review "Breaking the GMAT"
- Official Guide
- 800 Score Materials

I've contemplated buying the GMATClub tests, but I don't know that I'll have the time necessary to study these materials, because I hope to retake this test in 31 days.

I just wanted to post my experience. I will be a GMAT success story. It's just taking me longer than I thought it would to get there...

Thanks for reading :).
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Schools: Carey '16
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 71

GMAT Tests User
Re: From 590 to 670...to...? [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2010, 18:22

haha just kidding. i'm sure you'll do fine. just keep at it and you'll get there =P

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: From 590 to 670...to...?   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2010, 18:22