Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 14:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

From 610 to 700 in 30 days: is it possible?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
From 610 to 700 in 30 days: is it possible? [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 00:37
From 610 to 700 in 30 days. Is it Possible? [#permalink] 21 Jan 2014, 08:59
Hi,
I took the GMAT this morning and got a quite poor 610 (Q:42 V:31). I have to retake the test as soon as possible; I ask you, it is possible to reduce the gap in 30 days? what do I have to concentrate more? I studied for GMAT almost 3 months and I've been through the complete Manhattan guide (that I found pretty easy compared to the real gmat) and both Kaplan Premier and Kaplan 800; moreover I have no great problems with almost all the problems of the OG. Which should be my study plan? usually on cats I scored Q 45-47 and V 36-38. Thank you in advance

In addiction I tried to study the manhattan advanced gmat quant but i found it incredibly difficult, harder than anything I saw on Gmat prep or OG

PS: I need to improve both verbal and quant. any suggestion about an intensive study plan?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 7

Re: From 610 to 700 in 30 days: is it possible? [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 01:19
Downunder87 wrote:
From 610 to 700 in 30 days. Is it Possible? [#permalink] 21 Jan 2014, 08:59
Hi,
I took the GMAT this morning and got a quite poor 610 (Q:42 V:31). I have to retake the test as soon as possible; I ask you, it is possible to reduce the gap in 30 days? what do I have to concentrate more? I studied for GMAT almost 3 months and I've been through the complete Manhattan guide (that I found pretty easy compared to the real gmat) and both Kaplan Premier and Kaplan 800; moreover I have no great problems with almost all the problems of the OG. Which should be my study plan? usually on cats I scored Q 45-47 and V 36-38. Thank you in advance

In addiction I tried to study the manhattan advanced gmat quant but i found it incredibly difficult, harder than anything I saw on Gmat prep or OG

PS: I need to improve both verbal and quant. any suggestion about an intensive study plan?

Hello Downunder87,

I think it is possible for you to move from a 610 to 700, there are many such stories on the GMAT Club. However, you need to realize that gaining 90 points on the GMAT within a month is no easy feat. You will easily be able to find 1 month study plans for the GMAT. It would help if you have already identified you weak areas.

Why is it a pressing point for you to re take the test within 30 days? If I were you I'd work on my verbal skills for a couple of months till I felt comfortable with the level of grammar that the GMAT tests while continuing to do 10-15 questions of quant a day. After that perhaps another month to brush up on both quant and verbal and to iron out any issues with timing.

While following an intense plan for a month might work, it may not guarantee success on the GMAT. You'd want to take the test when you feel ready for it, be it in a month or two or more. You may want to avoid the trap that many people fall into - retaking the exam too soon and in a rush. So, unless you are looking to apply within the next month or two, I'd suggest that you take your time to retake the test. GMAT can be very draining and you may want to recoup before you have a full go at it again. I hope this helps.

Here is a story for some inspiration and tips: from-540-to-700-30-days-110268.html?fl=similar

Paras.

If you found my post helpful give KUDOS!!! Everytime you thank me but don't give Kudos, an Angel dies!

My GMAT Debrief:

I am now providing personalized one to one GMAT coaching over Skype at a nominal fee. Hurry up to get an early bird discount! Send me an IM to know more.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: From 610 to 700 in 30 days: is it possible? [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 02:00
This post received
KUDOS
Nothing is possible. You can make some plan for this. Take test when you need. You can devote about 1.5 to 2 hours per weekday and 5 to 6 hours per day on weekends. I think you can do this.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: From 610 to 700 in 30 days: is it possible? [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 08:07
This post received
KUDOS
Did you end up rewriting?

If so, where did you start? What material did you use? I recently wrote the GMAT and scored a 540 (Q 36 V 27)
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 553 [0], given: 5

Re: From 610 to 700 in 30 days: is it possible? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 10:20
Expert's post
It's certainly possible to improve 90 point in 30 days. Budget the last 7-10 days to do full lenth practice tests and review all your mistakes. The first 20-23 days should be focused on individual sections. Focus on SC for several consecutive days before moving onto the next section, for example.

If you are looking for an online full length practice test, you may find this one useful: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 2

Re: From 610 to 700 in 30 days: is it possible? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 06:35
Expert's post
This is definitely possible and if you go further back into the forums, you'll read stories from students who have improved many points in a short amount of time. We even launched a feature on our blog that profiles students who increased their scores significantly. You can read about their GMAT journeys -- and learn their study secrets -- here:

http://gmat.economist.com/blog/category/student-stories

http://econgm.at/GMATclub
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Re: From 610 to 700 in 30 days: is it possible?   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2014, 06:35