Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2754 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: from 640 to 720 (47Q , 41V) in 1 month [#permalink]
Mechmeera wrote:
Congratulations for your achievement.
Did you use any other material other than
veritas
Gmat800(Is this kaplan gmat 800 or anything. Is this any worthy of its price. Did this help you in any way?)
Empowergmat course

Thank you Mechmeera!

I did use three other books, SC & Numberproperty books by Manhattan GMAT & The official guide 11th edition.

Yes it was Kaplans Gmat 800 and I do believe that it was good to practice harder problems, although I got it second hand and did not pay a lot for it!

All in all I believe that all of the books helped in some aspects but that it was mostly the official guide and the Empowergmat course that helped me to get my score!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi hhsdreamer,

That's OUTSTANDING news about your GMAT score. With a 720/Q47, you're in position to apply to any Business Schools that interest you, so you shouldn't hold back when it comes to your applications.

One of the aspects to how you approached this whole process is noteworthy - when you got 'stuck', you looked for ways to get 'unstuck' - that type of flexible thinking will serve you well in Business School and beyond.

1) Have you thought about which Schools you want to apply to?

Congrats again!

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich

Thank you so much Rich for all that you and Max have given to me through your course!
I will only apply to one school and it is in sweden, stockholm. The reason being that my son lives here and I want to be close to him!

Thank you again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Congrads hhsdreamer! The craziest part of your story is that the server went out before your Verbal section and you still managed to beat over 90% of GMAT admins. I hope that time didn't come out of your Verbal section? I really think it's unfair to do that to you without any sort of redress because isn't the GMAT supposed to be standardized?

Can any experts comment on what we're supposed to do if GMAC screws up the test administration? I feel like we should all know our rights!

Also hhsdreamer it almost sounds like you may have even been capable of beating 720. Maybe it's worth it to retake the GMAT and cancel if you don't beat 720? Conrads again!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ckmichigan wrote:
Congrads hhsdreamer! The craziest part of your story is that the server went out before your Verbal section and you still managed to beat over 90% of GMAT admins. I hope that time didn't come out of your Verbal section? I really think it's unfair to do that to you without any sort of redress because isn't the GMAT supposed to be standardized?

Can any experts comment on what we're supposed to do if GMAC screws up the test administration? I feel like we should all know our rights!

Also hhsdreamer it almost sounds like you may have even been capable of beating 720. Maybe it's worth it to retake the GMAT and cancel if you don't beat 720? Conrads again!

Thank you ckmichigan!

I did start with less time but then the admin came in and wrote in a code in order to give me the 5/10 minutes shortage I had to start with, so all in all I had the same amount of time as everyone else!

haha I may have been capable to beat it but highly doubt it and since my target school has a mean gmat score of 695 I feel pretty Confident that my 720 will suffice.. I can finally sell all of the books that is taking way to much space!

Thanks again,
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts