Just gave my exam today and scored 710 (Q47, V40) and I call it done. Regarding preparation, I have been studying for past 3 months consistently and practiced pretty much all standard material. My advice to those who are curious whether 700+ is possible or not, my answer is- yes it is.
Top 5 tips for success-
1. Never think that you can't do it. Always Think positive.
2. Practice, Practice and Practice!
3. Build testing stamina and concentration.
4. Do not take too many long breaks during your preparation
5. Give atleast 4-5 full length practice tests before you appear for the exam
Not sure if its a great score but I am certainly happy to cross the 700 mark... Thanks to all for sharing the material on the forum. Its a terrific place for GMAT lovers...and is second to none for GMAT and B-school related advice.
Allright.. now time to steam off and prepare my apps!
Congrats, kick back and relax. Have a beer or two, 60 points improvement is no joke
. Good luck on your apps. Also if you don't mind could you list the "standard" material that you used.
It's a dawg eat dawg world.