Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [50]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
WE:Business Development (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3603 [1]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: From 650 to 720 (Q48,V40) in a month [#permalink]
Kudos
Congratulations :)
Great improvement :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you!
I have not given the retest yet. Still preparing :)
Initially planned to write it in the first week of February but I got an invite from GMAC to try their pilot which allows the students to choose the order of the sections. I don't want to miss out on that. But that starts only after 23rd Feb. So I might have to wait a little longer.
I will write a post about the selection process tonight!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
How was ua experience with modafinil? Did u have any side effects?
icefrog wrote:
Thank you!
Initially planned to write it in the first week of February but I got an invite from GMAC to try their pilot which allows the students to choose the order of the sections. I don't want to miss out on that. But that starts only after 23rd Feb. So I might have to wait a little longer.

icefrog cool buddy.. good luck with your retest. I have also got a mail regarding their pilot program.
might go for retest too.

Anyways do let me know when you write that post. Looking forward to it. :) :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3603 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
icefrog wrote:
Thank you!

icefrog
All the best!! And do share your experience with the GMAT pilot. Have you decided on the sequence yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Send PM
Anusha9999 wrote:
How was ua experience with modafinil? Did u have any side effects?

I've been on it for quite a while. I just took one 1 an hour back. It's not a miracle pill, but if will surely make you feel more alert. It also helps you work longer and sleep less when you have to.
I'm sure there are a few side-effects (Check WebMD) , but I have had no side-effects so far and neither have any of my friends. But I was not on modafinil on the day of the exam. I did not want to experiment too much.
It is a prescription only drug in India. But all the medical shops so far have given it to me without a prescription. Its called Modalert...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Here's my post about the ISB selection process :) isb-ylp-selection-process-gmat-720-tips-212512.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Thank you.
And congratulations on isb admit and an awesome gmat score :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think I'll go for Verbal, Quant ,IR, AWA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
thank u for the debrief...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Taking the GMAT on the 13th. Need to submit my score to Kellogg as early as possible. So I will not be able to make write the GMAC pilot :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Good luck for the GMAT bro!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [9]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
[Update]

Finally wrote the GMAT today. Scored a 770 :D! Q50 V46 IR6

I'm very happy with the score.

I had a few important exams and interviews coming up, so I wanted to get the GMAT done ASAP. Wanted to book the appointment for 7th (Today) but realized that my passport was not with me. My dad brought the passport all the way from Hyderabad, and I booked the exam just 18 hours before the actual exam.

Initially I was very confident about my Quant and Verbal preparation. But I wrote an official mock (Exam pack 1 - Exam 4) and got a score of 41 in V. I knew that I had to get 45+ to get the score I wanted and this made me a little upset. But everything worked out in the end! I did not start my IR preparation until yesterday night. This was a huge mistake. I started solving questions from the Question Pack 1 (GMATPREP) and my accuracy was just around 50%. This made me really scared. I got an IR score of 3 last time and did not want the same thing to happen. But I did not have any time to practice. This left me really anxious the previous night. Could not get a good night's sleep. To feel a little more confident, I solved the IR section of an official test. That did help me a little, as it was a lot easier than the questions in Exam Pack. Still, I received only a 6, which is not a great score, but at least I am not going to think about writing the GMAT again. I don't think B-schools are very particular about it anyway. Before the exam started, all I wanted was a 5+ score in IR, and I'm really glad I got it! :D
But a piece of advice - DO NOT leave IR AND AWA till the end. I was under the belief that Quant and Verbal preparation will take care of IR. But trust me, that is not the case. While, your quant and verbal prep will definitely help, IR requires practice. Scoring an 8 is not that easy. At least spend 2 days on IR. Don't try to cram everything in 2 hours.

Here's what I think helped me the most to improve my score

1. GMATclub tests : Amazing resource! I solved around 15 tests in all. Towards the end, I usually scored 51-50. It could be an accurate predictor.. I am not sure.. But what it will definitely do is give you several high quality questions to practice. I honestly think that OG + Gmatclub tests are enough to get Q50, if you review each and every problem you get wrong + the problems that are taking a lot of time. I remember that earlier, I had to substitute fractions, negative numbers and positive numbers in DS questions to get them right. After doing the gmatclub tests, you become conscious of this, and your speed in DS question will increase like crazy.

2. OG Verbal Review - I just bought the official OG-2016, Verbal 2016 and the GMATprep question pack. Solving all verbal questions from these sources will definitely help you cross 45. But you have to make sure, you know exactly why you're going wrong when you do, and make notes after every review. Whenever I had a doubt, I just searched for the question in the Manhattan forum. RonPurewal is amazing! His explanations will clear everything up! So, just focus on official questions and the explanations by Ron. In fact avoid non - official questions. I wrote a gmatclub verbal test yesterday and got a score of 35. I could notice that the questions were different from those in the OG. It is very important to understand the GMAT's way of thinking. For Verbal, avoid any other material!

Final Tips

1. Never underestimate the Official sources. They are all you really need for practice.
2. Don't take IR and AWA for granted. Give them a couple of days at least.
3. It's okay to be a anxious before the exam. I just had 6 hours of very disturbed sleep the night before. But had no problems at all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 489
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
From 650 to 720 (Q48,V40) in a month [#permalink]
icefrog wrote:
[Update]

Finally wrote the GMAT today. Scored a 770 :D! Q50 V46 IR6

I'm very happy with the score.

I had a few important exams and interviews coming up, so I wanted to get the GMAT done ASAP. Wanted to book the appointment for 7th (Today) but realized that my passport was not with me. My dad brought the passport all the way from Hyderabad, and I booked the exam just 18 hours before the actual exam.

Initially I was very confident about my Quant and Verbal preparation. But I wrote an official mock (Exam pack 1 - Exam 4) and got a score of 41 in V. I knew that I had to get 45+ to get the score I wanted and this made me a little upset. But everything worked out in the end! I did not start my IR preparation until yesterday night. This was a huge mistake. I started solving questions from the Question Pack 1 (GMATPREP) and my accuracy was just around 50%. This made me really scared. I got an IR score of 3 last time and did not want the same thing to happen. But I did not have any time to practice. This left me really anxious the previous night. Could not get a good night's sleep. To feel a little more confident, I solved the IR section of an official test. That did help me a little, as it was a lot easier than the questions in Exam Pack. Still, I received only a 6, which is not a great score, but at least I am not going to think about writing the GMAT again. I don't think B-schools are very particular about it anyway. Before the exam started, all I wanted was a 5+ score in IR, and I'm really glad I got it! :D
But a piece of advice - DO NOT leave IR AND AWA till the end. I was under the belief that Quant and Verbal preparation will take care of IR. But trust me, that is not the case. While, your quant and verbal prep will definitely help, IR requires practice. Scoring an 8 is not that easy. At least spend 2 days on IR. Don't try to cram everything in 2 hours.

Here's what I think helped me the most to improve my score

1. GMATclub tests : Amazing resource! I solved around 15 tests in all. Towards the end, I usually scored 51-50. It could be an accurate predictor.. I am not sure.. But what it will definitely do is give you several high quality questions to practice. I honestly think that OG + Gmatclub tests are enough to get Q50, if you review each and every problem you get wrong + the problems that are taking a lot of time. I remember that earlier, I had to substitute fractions, negative numbers and positive numbers in DS questions to get them right. After doing the gmatclub tests, you become conscious of this, and your speed in DS question will increase like crazy.

2. OG Verbal Review - I just bought the official OG-2016, Verbal 2016 and the GMATprep question pack. Solving all verbal questions from these sources will definitely help you cross 45. But you have to make sure, you know exactly why you're going wrong when you do, and make notes after every review. Whenever I had a doubt, I just searched for the question in the Manhattan forum. RonPurewal is amazing! His explanations will clear everything up! So, just focus on official questions and the explanations by Ron. In fact avoid non - official questions. I wrote a gmatclub verbal test yesterday and got a score of 35. I could notice that the questions were different from those in the OG. It is very important to understand the GMAT's way of thinking. For Verbal, avoid any other material!

Final Tips

1. Never underestimate the Official sources. They are all you really need for practice.
2. Don't take IR and AWA for granted. Give them a couple of days at least.
3. It's okay to be a anxious before the exam. I just had 6 hours of very disturbed sleep the night before. But had no problems at all.

Hi there,

Great debrief and Congratulations on the great score! :-D

I have a few questions on the Quant section. Here are my Quant scores:

1) GMAT Prep 1 (Nov, 2015) - 44
2) MGMAT Mock 1 (Feb,16) - 41
3) GMAT Prep 2 (Feb, 16) - 48
4) GMAT Club Tests - (Last 2 weeks) - 42, 44, 47, 44

My 2 main weak areas are P&C and Geometry (among others), and I am getting only 700 level questions wrong on the GMAT Club Quant tests. I am done with all the 5 MGMAT guides and now just focusing on GMATClub Tests for the next couple weeks, giving 1 mock everyday and analyzing the tests right after. On weekends I plan to spend a few hours on the weak areas and solve again the wrong questions from the week. So my 2 questions:

1) I am seeing that the Club Tests are getting difficult. Is that something you noticed too? The reason I asked this is because yesterday I did 5th Quant CAT and it was really tough compared to the previous CATs. I got only 6-7 right in the first 13 questions and I ended the test thinking that its going nowhere.
2) I haven't done the OG questions yet. I looked at OG 16 and there are more than 400 questions (PS and DS). Do you think it's worth spending time on these given my current Quant scores? I read that only the last 20% questions are 600-700 level in OG. What would be your recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

YT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
yt770
1. I do not think the tests get tougher. They are just random questions selected from gmatclub's pool of questions. You are still in your 5th cat. I can assure you that by the time you complete all of them, you will become a lot better! You'll start noticing the patterns.

2. I completed the Quant part of the OG during my first attempt. I did not touch the Quant section of OG this time. But I think you should complete the OG, since you've not done it already. True, they're not tough. But you will understand how the GMAT thinks better. Plus, 400 easy questions should not take you more than a couple of days. It will definitely help you improve your speed.

My advice to you would be to complete the Quant section of the OG first and then the gmatclub tests. Just make sure you spend quality time analyzing your mistakes. That's the most important part. At the same time, do not neglect Verbal. You cannot get past 700 without a good Verbal score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Kudos
Damnit icefrog, shouldn't you be working on the new patch instead of studying for the GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
socalmbahopeful wrote:
Damnit icefrog, shouldn't you be working on the new patch instead of studying for the GMAT?

Haha, Valve wants me take up a management role now :P
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts