Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 22:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

From 700+ MGMAT CATS to 510 REAL GMAT :(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-04-2013
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

From 700+ MGMAT CATS to 510 REAL GMAT :( [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 08:19
Today i had my first GMAT test and it was disaster for me as i scored 510 in real GMAT (48 Q,15 V :( ).I am preparing from last 3 months for GMAT,took off from work. Initially in the mocks..i used to score 550-560(GMATPREP) and 580-90(FREE MGMAT).Then after i did Manhattan SC guide and CR bible. Then after used to score 600+...after putting some extra efforts in some weeks i crossed 650 mark..Then i purchased MGMAT test series and did all the tests..I used to score 700+ in all the tests (Max was 740)....In GMATPREP2 i scored 710..An average i used to give 1 mock in 2 days.Then i decided to appear for GMAT on 5th June 2013.

One day before GMAT i couldn't sleep due to anxiety and pressure.My head was spinning during the test. Still i manged in Quant but in verbal i couldn't concentrate for first 10 ques.Then after i felt somehow normal. According to me verbal was not that tough..easy RC,SC,CR...I was thinking that i would get atleast 35+...But when saw pearson VUE screen...I just scattered....Don't know what happened...Is it the result of my anxiety or something i am missing.

But still i want to retake GMAT after 1-1.5 months as i know hard luck was also there in my low GMAT score.
Can someone please suggest what should i do now....How to start prep again ?
:shock:
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Followers: 229

Kudos [?]: 1969 [0], given: 667

Re: From 700+ MGMAT CATS to 510 REAL GMAT :( [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 09:42
Expert's post
Honestly speaking I do not think is a good idea to retake the exam in such short time.

what you have not been able to do until now is really difficult if not a chimera thinking to jump from 510 to 700 and over.

im not saying this to discourage you but only a fair gauge.

back to the roots, to the basic in particular in verbal part.

Do not esitate to ask :)
regards

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition

TOEFL iBT
Best resources to tackle each section of the TOEFL iBT

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-04-2013
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

Re: From 700+ MGMAT CATS to 510 REAL GMAT :( [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 19:51
carcass wrote:
Honestly speaking I do not think is a good idea to retake the exam in such short time.

what you have not been able to do until now is really difficult if not a chimera thinking to jump from 510 to 700 and over.

im not saying this to discourage you but only a fair gauge.

back to the roots, to the basic in particular in verbal part.

Do not esitate to ask :)
regards

I agree with you....But i scored 700+ not only in MGMAT CATs but also in Veritas Free test,Princeton Free Test,Platinum GMAT free test,GMATPREP2,Kaplan,800 score....I exhausted all the free GMAT mock available on the internet.

I want to say 500 to 700 jump in score was not just instant...I did a lot of practise from GMATCLUB forum and OG. Then after i improved score from 500 to 600,600-650 and then 700+...

Please help :(
I am just blank now..
Re: From 700+ MGMAT CATS to 510 REAL GMAT :(   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2013, 19:51