Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:34 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: From 700 to 760 in 1 Month Without Much studying [#permalink]
good one... congrats !!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
With an awesome 760 better target US MBA programmes, some mid ranked MBA will give you a full ride as well. Unles you are looking to get back into IT in a Program Manager role, the 1 year European MBA may not serve your purpose.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congratulations Intern. I am also an Indian aspirant working in IT for past 5 yrs. Can you please let me know how long was your preparation..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
With an awesome 760 better target US MBA programmes, some mid ranked MBA will give you a full ride as well. Unles you are looking to get back into IT in a Program Manager role, the 1 year European MBA may not serve your purpose.

Is it ? Did you hear that from anyone who has done his MBA from a top European school because I have heard that LBS and INSEAD are as good as H/S/W .
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
gmatsamurai07 wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:

Is it ? Did you hear that from anyone who has done his MBA from a top European school because I have heard that LBS and INSEAD are as good as H/S/W .

LBS is an exception in this case as it is a 2 year MBA. INSEAD is good as well, but it would all depend on your post MBA goals, and you would need to find out from recent graduates as to whether Indian IT people could make the transition that you are looking for. This is a 1 year MBA v/s 2 year MBA thing, more so than US v.s Europe.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
This is a 1 year MBA v/s 2 year MBA thing, more so than US v.s Europe.

More than the schools, this is the most important factor distinguishing US and European business schools. Secondly, what matters is the geography you want to work in. If you want to work in Europe, then going for European business schools is going to make the hunt easier .The same thing holds true for US. If you intend to work in Silicon Valley and Bay Area, then going to a school is much better than going to a school on the east coast/mid west and much much better than going to European business schools
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
You are applying to Bocconi but do you think that applying to SDA Bocconi would make sense in this economy. Italy is in a bad shape plus one has to have a command over Italian to be able to land up with something good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
gmatgaga wrote:
You are applying to Bocconi but do you think that applying to SDA Bocconi would make sense in this economy. Italy is in a bad shape plus one has to have a command over Italian to be able to land up with something good.

The primary reason I am applying to SDA Boccon is that they provide 2 full scholarships, 1 75% scholarship and 1 50% scholarship to Indian candidates(it's a secret which many people don't know), so it'd be a great time if I can lap up one of these. Bocconi is a top school and it'd be great if it is a free ride. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
gmatsamurai07 wrote:
gmatgaga wrote:

The primary reason I am applying to SDA Boccon is that they provide 2 full scholarships, 1 75% scholarship and 1 50% scholarship to Indian candidates(it's a secret which many people don't know), so it'd be a great time if I can lap up one of these. Bocconi is a top school and it'd be great if it is a free ride. :-D

Whoa! I never knew that . It'd probably be the only top school that is so generous. In fact, it resolved one of the conflicts I had- that i didn't want to pay a bomb for going to a top school but at the same time i didn't want to go to tier 2 schools for the sake of getting good scholarships. So I think with Bocconi, I would be able to strike this balance .Thank you very much .
+100 kudos to you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gmatsamurai07 wrote:
gmatgaga wrote:

Thanks for this valuable info. I also didn't know about this. +1 kudos to you. Just that I'm a little concerned with the Eurozone crisis and Italy seems to be almost at the center of it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Great info guys. The only problem I see with the Italian schools is that they don't have a great reputation and brand recognition worldwide. I mean if I tell anyone in India that I have done my MBA from Italy, I am sure they'll have that expression on there faces- "MBA in Italy ? Huh ?". Never heard of that.
Italian or for that matter the Spanish schools are good as long as you want to work in the Eurozone immediately after your MBA otherwise it'd be a little difficult for you in the beginning to ride on your school's name
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
I agree with a lot of the posters that it's important to know what your post-MBA plans are so that you can select the school that can best help you meet your goals. Also, don't forget the strength of the network. A friend of mine selected a school that was located where he wanted to work and live in, and his fellow MBA students connected him to interviews that eventually landed him a great job.

Anyway, congrats on an outstanding score!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ktlemba wrote:
I agree with a lot of the posters that it's important to know what your post-MBA plans are so that you can select the school that can best help you meet your goals. Also, don't forget the strength of the network. A friend of mine selected a school that was located where he wanted to work and live in, and his fellow MBA students connected him to interviews that eventually landed him a great job.

Anyway, congrats on an outstanding score!

Yes, location is a very important factor. If you want to work on the west coast,most candidates would prefer going to Stanford, Haas, Andersen or Marshall than to the schools. However, if someone really wants to study at a particular school for a particular strength the school is known for say Kellogg for Marketing, then location might not be that big a factor because the school is already known as the best one for that particular concentration so graduates won't have much difficulty finding jobs anywhere
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hey, congrats on the great score! I am facing issue in two areas and would be great if you can help me out
-Firstly, I get most of the questions correct when I practice untimed but when I practice questions under timed circustmances , my accuracy goes down
-Seconldy, when doing timed practice, I tend to make a lot of silly mistakes.
Can you please suggest how to overcome these issues.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
gauravdangi wrote:
Hey, congrats on the great score! I am facing issue in two areas and would be great if you can help me out
-Firstly, I get most of the questions correct when I practice untimed but when I practice questions under timed circustmances , my accuracy goes down
-Seconldy, when doing timed practice, I tend to make a lot of silly mistakes.
Can you please suggest how to overcome these issues.

Oh boy! This happens with everyone so you are no exception. To err is human. I think our accuracy goes down when we practiced under timed circumstances because a lot of variables like concentration, time pressure comes into play and spoils the game so with regular practice we can certainly neutralize, if not negate, the effect of these variables
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great score. Can you also outline the number of hours you studied in a week and how did you divide your time between Quant and Verbal ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
shovitdhar wrote:
One thing that helped me avoid silly mistakes is that I'd take quick breaks while doing timed practice. Quick breaks doesn't mean that I get up from my seat and roam around and then start over. It just means looking away from the computer screen for a couple of seconds and letting your mind cool down. This would help your mind to recover and perform well again

Great tip...I also struggle with concentration so will try to implement this tip..
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37298 posts