Is it possible to make a switch from IT to Finance with a 2 year MBA program (US News Ranking 10-25) ?
There are two reasons as to why it is going to be tough
- Competition from people with prior finance experience
- The current financial market with few openings
Is this an unrealistic goal. Am i better off targeting other careers ?
- Consultant at Big 4 working in IT role.
Have been in working from past 3 years for Audit Software which is used by all Big 4 terrotories.
Since we are working in Agile methodology, we have no managers as such so we are all owners of our own work.
My work experience of 5+ years involves mostly internal clients located in US. Hence International Experience is NIL.
- Bachelors IIT (GPA 7/10)
- GMAT 710 (Q50 V35) - Attempt 1.
- Passed CFA Level 1 and planning to sit for L2 before joining an MBA.
- Extra-curricular - Volunteer and at UNICEF and Green Peace NGOs.
- Planning to join Toastmasters Club.
It's easy to say you can't do it , you are not good enough. It's much harder to step in your shoes and achieve the improbable.