Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 21:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

from my practise what I understand is , if you just skim the

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

from my practise what I understand is , if you just skim the [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2009, 08:16
from my practise what I understand is , if you just skim the passage and go the Kaplan style you nail questions such as primary purpose , main point etc.. (which are the max 1 or 2) , if you read using Official guide style read and make notes as you go ,you can get supporting questions but easy to miss the point.

So I think what we need is a mixture of both techniques. Try to step back from the actual details and hear what author says, and then understand the details as well,what this paragraph is about. In one example I understood 2/4 paragraphs and was able to do all the quesitons in those 2 paras and not able to do questions from the last 2 paras.

understanding the passage is the key, you can't afford to think I can deal with it later when the question is being asked ,because it will be too late and you will start rushing to answer the question.

I am having difficulty in answeing "inference" questions. If I dont understand the convulted details I just am not able to answer the inference questions.. Help me ! Any links that point to specific inference questions..
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: RC [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 05:21
skpMatcha wrote:
from my practise what I understand is , if you just skim the passage and go the Kaplan style you nail questions such as primary purpose , main point etc.. (which are the max 1 or 2) , if you read using Official guide style read and make notes as you go ,you can get supporting questions but easy to miss the point.

So I think what we need is a mixture of both techniques. Try to step back from the actual details and hear what author says, and then understand the details as well,what this paragraph is about. In one example I understood 2/4 paragraphs and was able to do all the quesitons in those 2 paras and not able to do questions from the last 2 paras.

understanding the passage is the key, you can't afford to think I can deal with it later when the question is being asked ,because it will be too late and you will start rushing to answer the question.

I am having difficulty in answeing "inference" questions. If I dont understand the convulted details I just am not able to answer the inference questions.. Help me ! Any links that point to specific inference questions..

practice a lot of inference question from CR section. And then try to attempt the RC inference questions.. I am sure u'll get every question..
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: RC [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 06:59
Thanks for the adivce, know what I was recently doing verbal and started thinking the same way , RC has a combination of SC & CR fundas. that makes sense, let me try it !

Initially I wasnt able to do primary objective questions, but after following kaplan instructions of skimming the passages I am able to nail every primary purpose question. That is when I thought there has to be a way to nail Inference questions as well.
Re: RC   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2009, 06:59