There is probably a lot of information in this request however I am hoping it will help give you a better sense of what I have done and what I am doing since my profile is a bit hard to explain. I feel that itself may have had some impact on my previous applications, in that I may not have been able to get my point or experience across clearly enough. Any help would be great.
I have applied to schools for the past 2 years as you can see from my profile but haven’t had any luck so far. I would like to know. It is a frustrating process and frankly I am unsure about how to continue. I did go to a "reputed" counsellor last year but fortunately I had done a lot of research through GC before I went to him and was not taken in by all his "advice".
GC has been home for me these past couple of years and I am hoping it is able to come through again this time. It would be absolutely wonderful if you could help me out.GMAT:
710 (Q49 V38)Age:
24, Indian, Female Academics:
2010 B.E. (Electronics & Telecomm)MBA Specialization:
Brand Management preferably in the Luxury Sector, Improving the model for my e-commerce ventureLong term goal for MBA:
Start a Brand management firm providing end-to-end solutions for Luxury Companies as well as reduced rate/pro bono services for NGOsYour work ex: 3 yrs at Matriculation1.75 yrs
@ Operation Smile India (non-profit)
(Indian chapter of American Non-profit doing free cleft Lip & Cleft palate surgeries) as Resource Mobilization Coordinator
3 mths so far (1 yr at Matriculation)
- Streamlining the branding, created presentations, newsletters, etc.
- Created the branding (being used internationally) for the Cleft Care Centre
- Working with Student/School Clubs to raise awareness & funds
@ Trinity Vintners Pvt. Ltd.
(Indian Wine co. over 1 yr old) as Communications Manager
9 mths ago
- Brand & Marketing management for Turning Point wines, JLT wines, Scotch Malt & Whisky Society (India)
- Conceptualizing Brand activation, promotions & launches
(simultaneously running this with both other jobs) I conceived an e-commerce venture The Laptop Skin Vault
) Designing Laptop Skins & launched my website end of March. I founded it as well created all the designs so far. Planning to open it up to other designers on a Royalty basis for their designs which I will sell through my website.
I also do freelance Logo & presentation designing. ECs:
Region you want to settle post MBA:
- Creative Head for IEEE (2009)
- Finance head & Chief Editor Magazine in Undergrad (2008 & 2009).
- Mentored a student with his High School business project (2011)
- Volunteered on 6 Operation Smile missions in India (2010-2011)
- Part of proceeds from my Laptop Skins Venture are donated to charity
USA but open to coming back to Asia, long-term looking to come back to IndiaTarget Schools:
Any other Question that concerns you:
- NYU Stern
- Chicago Booth
- Northwestern Kellogg
- Berkeley Haas
- INSEAD Singapore
- UC Davis
Would like to hear any suggestions you may have
- Is my profile good enough to apply again this year? – My goals are much clearer and my work ex is
- better esp with my new position the responsibilities are much greater. My salary has also almost doubled.
- Are my school choices correct? Are there any schools I should add or remove?
- Any suggestions you may have?
- Am I going about this wrong?Should I be doing anything else to strengthen my chances?
Follow The Laptop Skin Vault on:
Consider Kudos if you think the Post is good
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to change. It's not. - Dr. Seuss