Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 00:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

frustrated with my scores.. need direction

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

frustrated with my scores.. need direction [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 12:13
Not sure where I’ m heading... really frustrated!! I am in my 5th mth, taken about 10 mocks... last 5 have been 580,590, 620,600 and 580 (today!!).. I am fed up of my consistent bad performance. Last 5 mocks have been spread over about 2 mths and what’s hard for me to believe is that although I have studied and practiced many Qs, books during these 2 mths, yet my score over this period has fluctuated within a range 580-630 and of late its on a free fall. I am beginning to question my ability now...am I a 600 guy??!!! IS there no way I can get to 700 (it seems impossible!)...what should I do??
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 47

Re: frustrated with my scores.. need direction [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 12:35
First you have to analyse your CATs and find out where do you get most of the mistakes

For example two days ago I took the GMATprep CAT and scored 540 with Q45 and V20 what I saw there was that I missed every single RC question and that lowered my score so much
Overall I had no mistakes in SC and 4 mistakes in CR so RC appeared to be my week point and currently I'm attacking now RC..
For the next try hope to get somewhere 650

Good luck
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 32

Re: frustrated with my scores.. need direction [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 12:41
Don't get disappointed. I was reading a post in GMAT club this morning about a member scoring 600 - 650 in GMAT preps and able to score 700+ in real GMAT last week.

Just concentrate on basics and work on the weak areas.

Good Luck,
Ravi
Princeton Review Representative
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: frustrated with my scores.. need direction [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 14:33
Hi f22raptor,

I agree with Pavle. You need to figure out what your weak areas are and focus on them. Hopefully you'll begin seeing more consistent scores. Good luck!

Best Regards,
Anthony
anthonyr@review.com

Anthony Russomanno
National Director of Educational Partnerships
949.863.6017; AnthonyR@review.com
4255 E Campus Dr, Suite A-235 Irvine, CA 92612
http://www.PrincetonReview.com

:arrow: 15% Discount on all GMAT courses for GMAT Club members

Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: frustrated with my scores.. need direction [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 08:33
You also might want to look at the way you are studying. It does sound like you've taken a lot of practice tests. As previous posters have mentioned, have you been analyzing them and focusing on your weak areas? When you do problems, do you then go back and analyze how it went wrong, or do you look at the answer and move on? It's useful to do questions more than once, making sure you really understand the tactics and strategies used in each particular question. Often, you can do a question in more than one way, which will help. Our Official Guide Companion is particularly good at explaining the answers in a detailed way so you can use different skills to work with them.

I would suggest reading this article, which has some good tips on how to prepare for the GMAT: http://www.manhattangmat.com/strategy-s ... t-prep.cfm

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay

Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: frustrated with my scores.. need direction   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2010, 08:33