Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 00:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Frustrated with silly mistakes

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Frustrated with silly mistakes [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 03:36
Hey folks, i just took the gmat prep2 and scored a 710(q48 v40). verbal was fine, but after analysing the quant section, i found that all my mistakes were ridiculously stupid. i had a concept error in just 2 of the 13 questions that i got wrong. all the other questions were careless mistakes. i've read a lot about how to avoid silly mistakes, but still end up making them. and it's not like i don't follow what I've read. i put all calculations on paper, read what the question asks etc. my gmat is just 7 days away and i'm pretty clueless as to what can be done. i don't have a problem with the concepts, it's just the mistakes that kill me everytime. any suggestion?? :(

My GMAT debrief: http://gmatclub.com/forum/thanks-all-720-q49-v40-122303.html

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Rotman School of Management - Class of 2015
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Frustrated with silly mistakes [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 08:01
HI tan, IMO silly mistakes happen only when your concentration is less or else you are too excited. When you have a balanced concentration you should be able to avoid them easily. Avoid anxiety and relax a lot.
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 5.5+ years IT Prof.
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 24

GMAT Tests User
Re: Frustrated with silly mistakes [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 09:12
tan wrote:
Hey folks, i just took the gmat prep2 and scored a 710(q48 v40). verbal was fine, but after analysing the quant section, i found that all my mistakes were ridiculously stupid. i had a concept error in just 2 of the 13 questions that i got wrong. all the other questions were careless mistakes. i've read a lot about how to avoid silly mistakes, but still end up making them. and it's not like i don't follow what I've read. i put all calculations on paper, read what the question asks etc. my gmat is just 7 days away and i'm pretty clueless as to what can be done. i don't have a problem with the concepts, it's just the mistakes that kill me everytime. any suggestion?? :(

I bumped into this post and I may be going off-topic, but even after getting 13 questions wrong your score was 48? I'm a little surprised with it.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Re: Frustrated with silly mistakes [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 10:48
tan , you can try 5 minutes of breathing exercise before starting a test. It will definitely help calm your nerves.

let me know how it goes. :-D
Re: Frustrated with silly mistakes   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2011, 10:48