Joined: 04 Dec 2013
Location: United States
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
, given: 4
Full Time MBA Profile Evaulation- Indian IT Female 4.6 [#permalink]
08 Jun 2014, 10:47
This is a humble request to evaluate my profile.
I am glad to see that you are helping prospective applicants in profile evaluation for B School admission.
Could you kindly look into my profile and help me which B-Schools can I shortlist?
Indian Female, B.tech( Non IIT / Non NIT) - GPA - 8.7, one of the top private universities in India.
4.6 years of Information Technology experience
GMAT: Aiming above 700+. Age :27
I am planning to apply for Full time MBA 2015.
1. Rose from the role of a Team Member to a role of Project Lead for 5 members in a span of 4.6 years in TCS, India.
2. Do not have international experience.
3. Received appreciations from all the clients I havw worked with( Verizon, Microsoft, Nokia)
4. Certification: CCNA
1. Have 1 year volunteer experience with an organisation. Shown my leadership potential here.
2. National Service Scheme volunteer for 2 years.
1. Organised the 13th National Children’s Science Congress -2005, presided by Honorable Ex- President of India, Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam.
2. Summer Research intern at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur from May – July 2008.
3. Elected as the Joint Secretary of Indian Society For Technical Education from 2008-2009.
4. Organised an event,reverbs, of ToastMaster International District82 .
5, Published an IEEE paper.
6, Presented and won many paper presentation contests at IIT's(Indian Institute of Technology) and NIT's(National Institute of Technology).
My target schools?
1. Kenan Flagler School of Business
2. McCombs School of Business
3. Duke Fuqua School of Business
4. Gouizeuta School of Business
5. Mannheim School of Business
6. Indian School of Business
1. Which schools shall i apply for my profile?
a. I like to study in towns rather than in cities.
b. I like warm climate.
c. I am looking for top25 schools only.
d.I am primary looking for colleges which can offer scholarships for my profile.
Based on these above criteria, I have shortlisted the above schools. Could you kindly let me know whether the targeted schools are apt for my profile? If not, could you say whether my profile is recommended to apply for these target schools?
2. Could you kindly comment about my leadership potential? Is that strong, weak or OK? What more I can do to make it better to put strong application forward?
3. As I worked primarily as a developer, I did not get a chance to go onsite in my company. Hence, I do not have any international experience. Do B-schools highly value of the international experience. Lack of international experience is a big worry to me. Will this hamper my chances to get into my target schools?
4. Can I contact admission committee of my target schools by sending my CV to them and asking my chances for scholarship?
5. I am an international student. I would prefer schools which provide scholarships than which do not. Which schools would provide scholarships for my profile? What are the aspects (in particular) each school look at?
Please help me. Your reviews are highly valuable.
Thanks and Regards,