Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 08:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Full-time/Part-time scholarship/financial-aid options?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Full-time/Part-time scholarship/financial-aid options? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2011, 20:06
I think I have a great academics, and if available I should be one of the strongest candidates to receive a merit-based scholarship. I have a decent - above avg but not stellar - work exp of 6 yrs. I am planning to apply in MIT and Harvard for full-time MBA this year, and if dinged then Kellogg and Booth for part-time MBA early next year - "hoping" to start MBA spring-fall next year. I would not qualify for need-based, so I am looking for just the merit-based options. Also I have heard there are third party programs to help students looking for scholarships.

I have few questions:

1) If I get in MIT or Harvard full-time MBA, where can I apply for scholarships?
2) If I get in Booth or Kellogg part-time MBA, where can I apply for scholarships?
3) Is it true that the chances of getting scholarship from anywhere are slim in part-time programs?
4) What %age of the tuition do you think one can get, if merit-based scholarships are awarded for these top tier programs? I have heard that the chances of these schools giving scholarships is close to none. Is that true?
5) If I get in a part-time program, do you think I can try to change my job and see if there is an employer willing to pay for my part-time MBA? I have asked my current employer, but they don't support such programs as mine is a small company. Do people change their job to seek financial aid (sponsorship) like this? What gotchas should I be careful if I tried to do so?

Thanks and looking forward to replies.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 157

Re: Full-time/Part-time scholarship/financial-aid options? [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 08:01
Hey glad to know that you have a great profile,

If I get in MIT or Harvard full-time MBA, where can I apply for scholarships?
Scholarship information is provided on every school website. You can also call their office for additional information.

Is it true that the chances of getting scholarship from anywhere are slim in part-time programs?
Part time and Full time have scholarships proportional to the number of applicants, so even though part-time scholarship options may be slightly less, your chances of schlarship will be almost the same.

What %age of the tuition do you think one can get?

One cannot speculate your scholarship percentage, and it is best to leave it to admissions.

If I get in a part-time program, do you think I can try to change my job and see if there is an employer willing to pay for my part-time MBA?

Searching for employers who are willing to sponsor your part-time studies may be tough but not impossible as many companies would want you after your Harvard MBA, so they might as well have you now.

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Re: Full-time/Part-time scholarship/financial-aid options?   [#permalink] 04 Oct 2011, 08:01