Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 06:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

full time vs. part time/professional mba

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

full time vs. part time/professional mba [#permalink] New post 19 May 2012, 18:39
In the professional world POST graduation, is there any lesser degree of merit for a PMBA vs a full time MBA? It seems like almost all the rankings available are based upon full time mba rankings.

The reason why I ask this is because I don't have the time to pursue a full time MBA because of work and a professional MBA is my only choice. I only applied to two schools (Tulane and Texas A&M) and got into both, but I am currently leaning towards A&M for numerous reasons.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 121

Kudos [?]: 577 [0], given: 114

Re: full time vs. part time/professional mba [#permalink] New post 20 May 2012, 20:07
Since part-time MBA's always award the same MBA degree as the full time program, when your MBA is on your resume it will be considered more on the basis of the full time MBA rankings. The full-time and part-time MBA programs are two totally different experiences that both have their benefits and negatives. For your decision, I think you should attend either of those schools, so go to the one that you like best. Since you are awarded the same degree, you have to decide which style of program will provide you with the most benefit for your future goals. But since the full-time option is not an option for you, you just need to decide if the part-time option will work for you are your goals.

Good luck

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: full time vs. part time/professional mba   [#permalink] 20 May 2012, 20:07