Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: full time working mom-full time or part time MBA?-confused [#permalink]
BB.. thank you for your reply. With my experience so far in IT, my short term goal is to become a product/project manager thru the path of business analysis. I believe that with the current experince and along with MBA degree, I would have a rounded expereince to succeed in reaching my goal. But like I said, I dont want to do MBA just for the degree, and then later have no value from it.

Ms.Kimberly.. Thank you for your reply and time. Your reply definitely gave me a perspective to make a decision that would be suitable for me and my family in current situation.

Also, I saw in another post, you had said students can ask for free cancidacy review. May I please know what information I need to give. Also, what all can one expect as part of admission consulting?
Tks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thank you for your reply!! I am considering it very seriously and planning on attending one of their Info sessions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: London Business School (LBS) - Class of 2002
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Dear Scoremore,

Depending on your GMAT score, your professional accomplishments, leadership potential, strength of recommendation letters, and other extracurriculars, you may want to also consider University UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School's online MBA program (Online MBA@UNC). It will provide you with the opportunity of getting an MBA from a top program without having to move from Florida. Please see link to article below for more info. When I met Harvard Business School's Dean Nohria few weeks ago, we discussed the increasing trend of high quality education being offered online.

https://management.fortune.cnn.com/2012/ ... nline-mba/

Regarding your question of getting a profile assessment, GMAT score would be a critical element needed for the assessment. And from reading your prior posts, you are still preparing for the GMAT, and hopefully will be able to achieve a score you're happy with.

Regarding your question about part-time MBA students not able to utilize career services, that is NOT TRUE when students are funding their MBA. In cases where employers are paying for the part-time MBA, such students may be precluded from participating in on-campus recruiting events (for obvious reasons).

To answer your question about services provided by admissions consultants, please refer to the services page on our website, and please feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions.

https://marveladmissions.com/services/

Good luck, I'm rooting for you!

Christine Lin/fellow working mom

If you like this post, give it KUDOS!

scoremore wrote:
Quick background history: Overall 5.5 years experience in IT as developer and QA. Living in Florida with family. I have a 2 year old baby! Full time working mom. But have been preparing for gmat since mid July. Please see my previous post if possible for my score range so far. My plan till now was to do Part time MBA at University of Florida, sunrise location - Part time MBA. Since I work here in south florida, it would be way easier to manage work, family and Mba. So I thought.

But now I am confused. Should I aim for a better college? I dont see UFL part time mba in many ranking lists. Is it going be of no use Mba? :( I am worried I will waste my time and money on an MBA that wont be of much use. So here is a list of my confusion: Please advice which ever one you thin you can. I will appreciate any experince and any reply from you all! Thanks in advance.

Should I consider other part time MBA's from other states? Are there better options than UFL for part time MBA?

If I want to go full time MBA, I have not even taken gmat yet! I have not started appluication process in any shape or form. AM I LATE???????? :((( ths worries me the most.

If I went full time MBA, anywhere, I have to take my son with me and stay alone. No clue how i will manage college and my baby with out help. how difficult is it?
I am from India. So no family help here.

Taking part time mba at UFL is more convenience for me. ALso I wont end up with any student debt obviosuly since I am working. But I read that part time are not allowed career services. How valueble is part time?

Like I said, any reply advice, experience shared, is highly appreciated. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks.

scoremore wrote:
BB.. thank you for your reply. With my experience so far in IT, my short term goal is to become a product/project manager thru the path of business analysis. I believe that with the current experince and along with MBA degree, I would have a rounded expereince to succeed in reaching my goal. But like I said, I dont want to do MBA just for the degree, and then later have no value from it.

Also, I saw in another post, you had said students can ask for free cancidacy review. May I please know what information I need to give. Also, what all can one expect as part of admission consulting?
Tks.
GMAT Club Bot