Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 12:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fully kitting for the GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Fully kitting for the GMAT [#permalink] New post 11 May 2012, 21:14
Hi all,

First off, I'd like to say Hello to everyone here, I am new at GMAT Club and planning to sit for the GMAT in November/December 2012.

After having spent a week here skimming through the essentials, I have a couple of targeted questions with my GMAT prep for you experts!

To give you a bit of background, I am 29 from Melbourne, Australia and have been working in Management Consulting for a Big5 firm for 4+ years. I've reached a pitchfork in my career where I feel that an MBA would be the best thing for me, both in terms of personal and professional development and have only quite recently discovered that a GMAT is essential prerequisite for a top US/International B-school.

1. GMAT Prep (Hoping for a 700+ target)

I understand that a lot of this depends on my own "abilities", however I'd like your view in assessing if the time allocated is sufficient/too little:

After having reviewed existing study plans on this site, I've come up with:

Month 1: Benchmark my abilities - review concepts and bring my Quant abilities up to scratch. (10 - 12 hours per week)
Month 2: Quant (12 hours p/week)
Month 3: Verbal (12 hours p/week)
Month 4: Test taking and AWA (12 hours p/week)
Month 5 (Test Month): 2 weeks vacation before test to prepare (50 hours per week x 2 = 100 hours)

I've bought myself the GMAT Kaplan Premier, Kaplan GMAT Math and Kaplan GMAT Verbal workbooks for a start. Are there any others that you recommend that are any better?

2. B School Selection // Scholarships

For a first preference, I would like to get into Insead (and as a distant second)
I would settle for an Australian B-school, AGSM or MBS (Top 50...?)

3. List of Universities that conduct a 1 year MBA

I've found that Insead offer a 10 month MBA, is there a list of top B-schools with their respective MBA course lengths?

Thanks everyone, I realise my thoughts are neither structured nor articulated very clearly. I hope to dive into this and also hope I am able to help some of you along the way as well.

Cheers
Cam

Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them. -- Joseph Heller "Catch-22"

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Fully kitting for the GMAT   [#permalink] 11 May 2012, 21:14