Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 21:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Funding

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Funding [#permalink] New post 14 May 2008, 09:48
Interesting... I was looking at Stern website:

International Student Supplement

Please note the following when completing the International Student Supplement of the standard online application.

The cost of tuition is the same for both international and domestic students. For visa purposes, international candidates must be prepared to pay the total cost of attending Stern, including tuition, fees and living expenses, the estimated cost of which is $71,000 USD for the first year. Certification of this ability to fund your first year of study must be provided in the International Student Supplement. For priority consideration for merit-based scholarships, please apply by the November 15 deadline. More information is available on the Financial Aid page.

The International Student Supplement must be completed in full by all non-U.S. citizens, including non-resident aliens (those holding F, J or trainee visas) and foreign government officials. U.S. Permanent Residents are not required to complete the International Student Supplement. The International Student Supplement is divided into three sections:

* Visa status: If you are currently in the United States, list the type of visa you hold and the name of your sponsor here.
* Funding: You must complete this section. In order to obtain a student visa, you must demonstrate the ability to pay for your entire first year of study in the U.S. You will also be required to indicate the source(s) of funding for your second year. The funding section of the International Student Supplement helps you start preparing for the visa application process by encouraging you to plan your finances early. Even if you cannot fully support your first year, please indicate your sources of partial funding. For visa purposes, funding sources cannot include loans.
* Permanent Foreign Address: According to the Federal Government SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) database regulations, all international students must provide a permanent foreign address in their country of citizenship even if they currently have a U.S. mailing address. If the mailing address you provided in Personal Information Part I is anything other than your permanent address in your country of citizenship, please provide this address in the International Student Supplement. Please do not list a Post Office box.

The information contained in the International Student Supplement does not impact your admission to NYU Stern.

... so... what if someone doesn't have $71,000 cash to pay for the first year?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funding [#permalink] New post 14 May 2008, 10:44
Hmmm...I guess this is just for the visa. If I'm not mistaken, I think internationals can get a loan without a US cosigner but they cannot use the loan as proof of funding for the visa. If this is a serious concern for you, you should look more closely at schools in the same cluster that offer loans which can be used as a proof of funding for the visa.
e.g. Ross :), Tuck and Duke.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Funding   [#permalink] 14 May 2008, 10:44